Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashing on Saving

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help greatfully received!

I am using a mac running OSX  catalina v 10.15.7 with Lightroom Classic and Photoshop

I usually access Photoshop using the Edit in link from Lightroom, but all of this applies if loading a file directly into Ps.

On saving photoshop now crashes out saving an empty file which is not visible in Lightroom.

On trying to relaod it in Photoshop it reports that the file is empty, however the image is then recovered successfully but cannot be saved without Ps crashing; indeed the recovered image is displayed for a few seconds before Ps crashes.

I have tried updating Ps without benefit, then uninstalling both LrC and Ps (keeping the user info) then re-installing both

In those few seconds I have managed to open the System Info report and attach this andthe same report from Lightroom.

This issue renders Photoshop unusable

I attach the System Info Report from both Ps and Lr and look forward to hearing from you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, uninstall the both version using adobe clean remove tool then install the 2020 version for stable work...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I do not quite understand your reply

What do you mean by "the both version"?

If I use the clean remove tool for LrC will that delete the catalogue and previews - it i=s a very large catalogue and will take hours ro replace all the previews!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines