• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing on start up, followed all instructions to no avail

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has started crashing on start up, and will not open. I have tried removal 4-5 times, re-install, have followed this guide here, as this is the error I am getting. Installed the windows updates, restarted the computer at least 15 times, let windows run through all its updates, etc, etc. Reinstalled an older version of PS as CC suggested nothing will work. Can anyone help me resolve this, please? I use PS every day, and currently, I am paying for an app I cannot use.

I have attached a screenshot of my system, as well I tried to start photoshop while typing this to recreate the issue.

This is the error Error: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

I solved it by upgrading to Windows 10 which I did not want to do. But its working now

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences, Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work. Clear preferences, then I completely uninstalled PS again, including all preferences when it prompts you. Reinstalled. Same issue crashing on start up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click your start button>type winver>enter and then embed* a screenshot of the winver panel.

kglad_0-1609191729910.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue recently - My CC app stopped responding and had an error code. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the CC desktop app and it resolved this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact issue as well today (29-Dec). Same error with PS during startup after clicking on the App, then it gives me a crash-report to send to Adobe.  Oddly, all other Adobe programs work fine (Illustrator, InDesign, etc..).

Windows 7 OS. 

Rebooting / reinstalling PS 21.2.4 continues to give the same error....   AARGH!

Anthony5FD9 - I look forward to your update if the full CC reinstallation fixes it or not.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erink - you have a different cause. 

You will want to downgrade your latest Camera Raw Plugin. This is a known issue with 21.2.4 and Windows 7.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

Photoshop 21.2.4 crashes issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, YES!  Thank-you Kevin, removing that file worked like a charm!

PS loads once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, when I try to uninstall it says it cannot because applications are still installed that need it. Do I need to uninstall all my Adobe applications. Then uninstall CC, then reinstall everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall what?

and embed your winver panel screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look above, Kevin suggested the answer to my problem was to uninstall the CC Desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you currently running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report I deleted EVERYTHING Adobe on my computer. PS, AI, Acrobat, Creative Cloud desktop, using a powerful uninstall tool, removed all preferences. Reinstalled CC, then photoshop. STILL CRASHES ON STARTUP. ADOBE WHERE IS THE FIX FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM PAYING YOU MONTHLY FOR AN APP I CANNOT USE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give more details - what OS are you running, HD space, RAM, etc. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System screenshot is in the first post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it by upgrading to Windows 10 which I did not want to do. But its working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines