• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing when placing embedded image.

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening,

I have photoshop on a PC running Windows 10 and it was working fine. Last night had a power cut and since then I get this error when placing an embedded image. It just crashes the computer when this error come up. Today I have tried putting photoshop on my laptop (which is newer) and the same thing is happening.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone can offer any assistance?

Thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The power failure probably messed up the PS program files on your drive. I would re-install photoshop. Also, check other apps and data files on that computer for corruption.

Do you have backups of your data/image files that are not attached to the computer? If not you should do that.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully things are backup up.

What would cause the same issue on laptop when i installed it on there? I am using new files that had never been on the origional computer. 

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say. Was the power failure caused by nearby lightning strikes? Were both computers working fine with PS before the power outage?

Tackle the desktop first, then if a PS re-install works for that, try it on the laptop.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The outwas was to do with the electric meter credit so no surge. 

It was only on the desktop before this, put it on laptop when it stopped working. 

Thank you for your help. Reinstalling now, hope this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed it and it did work but now has gone back to errors. 

Origional i placed and image and got the error, after installing i just tried to do a colour gradient without an image and still got errors. 

I have put a few images of the errors below. 

Thank you for your help so far. Not sure what the issue is. 

80970848_593266141473867_6479551584467419136_n.jpg81513096_773399229840623_6367556764581232640_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's looking like hardware issues on your computer. Hard to tell from here, but I would suspect hard drive problems starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thought. Go to preferences, performance and turn off the graphic processor. Re-start PS and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, but no power cut. Just put a image embedded and PS crashes. Very annoying. 16gb ram, lots of memory reserved to PS, Nvidea graphic card with driver updated, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

i have the same problem, did you find out what was the solution to the problem?  Im new and just learning photoshop. When i got to layer in tutorials it jammed photoshop. Everything else seems to work so far and when using the place embedded command it jams and shuts down. the graphic processor is turned off and still doesnt work. Photoshop removed, dowloaded again, updated and still doesnt work ??

photoshop 23.0

windows 10 home

-Asko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines