• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing when using text

Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have used Photoshop for a long time now, however, just recently the software has been faulty in that every time I use text it crashes. Also when I try to use certain tools such as the brush tool I'm alerted by a message that tells me "I'm unable to use the tool as the program does not have enough ram. 74587.JPG

My memory usage in performance in settings is set at its highest possible when previously I was able to use Photoshop without any problems before with the performance settings halfway. I don't understand why all of a sudden I'm getting these issues. Please see a screenshot of my performance settings below as well as a description of my computer specs below. Any help on this issue will be greatly apricated. 

Capture25463.JPG

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop do you have, I noticed Photoshop is not recognising your GPU, what GPU does your system have. You shouldn't let Photoshop use 100% of RAM as you need RAM for the operating system and other apps

A couple of things to try

Resetting the Tools

2021-05-15 10_50_05-Window.png

Resetting the preferences

2021-05-14 17_15_20-© 0063.tif @ 100% (RGB_8#).png

Reverting to an older version of Photoshop from the Creative cloud app

2021-05-14 15_26_59-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Photoshop 22.4.0.195 my GPU is as follows & I have used this GPU with Photoshop for some time now without any issues up until this one recently. I put the CPU on %100 as I figured the more CPU dedicated to the program the faster it would better it would work. 

Capture78439.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines