Highlighted

photoshop crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crashing every time or it takes forever to do something. Really don't understand it, tried everything. At first it said that my memory was full, so changed that and now im working with a 4terabyte memory, but still it's working really bad.  Nothing is like it should be. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crashing every time or it takes forever to do something. Really don't understand it, tried everything. At first it said that my memory was full, so changed that and now im working with a 4terabyte memory, but still it's working really bad.  Nothing is like it should be. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Did you update to the latest version of Photoshop? If so then please check to see if it is compatible with your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

And second, check here to see if the error you are having is beinc caused by an incompatibility with the Graphics Processor card: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

If this problem is happening and you haven't upgraded to the newest version, then please let us know what version of Photoshop you are working with and what platform you are on--Windows or Mac.

Thanks,

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>it said that my memory was full, so changed that and now im working with a 4terabyte memory

Memory? You mean 4TB hard drive space?

Memory is RAM which should be around 64GB minimum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply.

how do i check this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform are you workin on? Mac or Windows?

If you are on a Mac, you can access the information by clicking on the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen and selecting  "About This Mac." Then choose either "System Report" or across the top you can choose "Memory.

If you are on a Windows machine, I will have to defer to someone on Windows, because I do not use that platform.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0