• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crop Tool Flickering when using Wacom Intuos Pro Medium on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to draw the bounding box for the crop tool with the Wacom pen, the image flickers and jitters rapidly.  It does not stop until the pen is lifted from the tablet.  (This does not happen when using the PC's mouse.)  I am running the Photoshop CC version 21.2.2 and the latest Wacom driver (6.3.40-2).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

You need to configure Photoshop not to use INK also. Add the PSUserConfig.txt file to your user id Photoshop 2020 preferences folder.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So use your mouse. Photoshop 21.2.2 Pen support is all messed up with all the changes that have been made to Apple's Mac OS, to Microsoft Windows OS,  to GPU Device drivers,  to Wacom  Device Drivers, and Adobe Photoshop. You need to use what works best in your environment.  Older versions of PS may work better, 

I see  flickering in Chome sometimes when I user my mouse in this form.  Is it caused by this site, Google Chrome, Microsoft Windows, Nvidia Device driver,  logitech  mouse support? Its annoying

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jjmack is there a way to get a hold of you for some customized help/work?  Thanks!  J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Idea where all the issue are. It would not surprise me if there are issues In Apple's, Microsoft's, Wacom's, Nvidia, etc code. Its software. There are Bugs in CS2 that are still in 21.2.2.  If you want to use a Pen with Photoshop right not I feel the best choice is to use Photoshop version 21.0.3 and use WinTab Application interface.  You are not required the user the latest version of Photoshop with you subscription.  Let other test the latest. Read this forum test the waters before taking the plunge. Do not have auto update enabled that is foolish.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been rectified in 21.2.3.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use the Crop tool I always use a selection an image crop.  So I just tried using the Crop tool with  my Wacom Intuos small tablet and pen.  While I had some difficulty grabbing the corner controls  I have no flickering problems with my Quadro K2200.  The Problem may be related to your display device driver see if there is a newer version available for your adapter.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you checking.  I don't think this is a display driver issue.  The drivers are up-to-date for both monitors.  Also, if it were a display problem, I would think that this would happen when using a mouse as well.   It only occurs with the Wacom stylus.  What Intuos version are you using?  Perhaps this is limited to the Wacom Pro tablet and stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Windows Pen and Touch

image.png

disable Press and hold

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can prevent the juddering on the crop tool by disabling Windows Ink in Wacom Mapping properties.  The only trouble is that, even in 21.2.3, it still disables the Wacom pen pressure and transparency.

JJMack, where is the Windows Pen and Touch menu that you've shown?  I cannot find it in Settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to configure Photoshop not to use INK also. Add the PSUserConfig.txt file to your user id Photoshop 2020 preferences folder.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That solved the problem for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to locate the PSUserConfig.txt file by opening it I found this written: TransformProportionalScale 0
I deleted it and wrote what you reported:
# Use WinTab in PS CC for Wacom Tablet not INK
UseSystemStylus 0
# CC 2019 20.0.5 supress warning about running scripts.
WarnRunningScripts 0
However, the problem of flickering when using the pen is always present. I have two Wacom tablets, they are completely different models, on both the problem is the same. As I have already written, Wacom support says it is a PS CC problem. Even me, using the mouse, does not present the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.  That's resolved both the juddering crop tool and Wacom issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Have same problem. But when I overwrite PSUserConfig.txt from 
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
to
# Use WinTab in PS CC for Wacom Tablet not INK
UseSystemStylus 0
# CC 2019 20.0.5 supress warning about running scripts.
WarnRunningScripts 0

I lost pen pressure with all bruches, but fixed flickering. Is it possible to fix flickering and save pen pressure? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having to use the mouse to crop. If I stop using windows ink in the Wacom settings, I loose pressure.
It's the same in Lightroom but worse.
I really don't know why industry standard software and pen manufacturers can't solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines