• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crop Tool - Make Delete Cropped Pixels Not Sticky

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are times when I want to delete cropped pixels and more times that I do not.  It would be helpful to make the default setting for the crop tool to leave the "Delete Cropped Pixels" option unchecked, and have it reset to unchecked after using.  It is too easy to miss this setting and accidentally delete pixels, only to realize too late that they are gone. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So don’t change it at all … 

You could create an Action that includes a Crop Tool application with »Toggle dialog on/off« checked and then invokes 

• Select All 

• Crop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but then I would have to run the action every time I want to use the crop tool?  That seems a little excessive...

Wouldn't it be easier if the tool just reset to preserve pixels after use?  It is easy enough to recrop if you intended to delete pixels.  It is not so easy to get them back if you didn't want to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»True, but then I would have to run the action every time I want to use the crop tool?«

Say what? No, only when you want to destroy the cropped pixels … I thought that was the exception and you usually wanted »Delete Cropped Pixels« unchecked? 

Also Actions can be triggered with keyboard shortcuts, so there would not be a need to even see the Actions Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines