• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crops the photo when printing

Participant ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just switched from Windows 10 to Mac Big Sur, I used to use Qimage, a professional printing program for all of my photo prointing, and was happy with it.

Qimage isn't available for the Mac, so I've been trying to use Photoshop CC to print, and not having any luck.

I have a 6x4" photo DPI 300, when I bring up the Print dialog, 'Scale to Media' is checked and the image shows fine in the preview box. However Photoship crops the image and consequently only prints a small section of the image.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen capture of both the Photoshop Print dialog and as importanly, the printer driver? 

Qimage One is available for the Mac; it's a slightly different product and feature set than the original Win only version, but it's excellent. 

https://www.binartem.com/qimageone/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip about Qimage, i've downloaded the trial and the photos print just fine using it.

Here's the screenshots you requested, just trying to print an old family photo. There does appear to be a small issue in the driver that you can see in the photo, as paper size in inches does not tally with the size in centimetres, but that cannot be the issue as only about a quarter of the photo (left side) actually gets printed.

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 22.54.47.pngScreenshot 2021-05-22 at 22.55.57.png

20210522_230148.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Scale to Fit; better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that, it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select Landscape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Landscape orientation as selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines