• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW file format from brand new camera

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop CS with Nikon RAW images for over 12 years.  My camera died and I replaced it but the old CS does not recognize the new Nikon RAW format.  Is there a way to upgrade/update the old CS ?  or do I have to throw away my old CS ?  If I install a new Photoshop or P Elements will there be any problem accessing old images that were saved as TIFF's or PSD's or JPEG's ???  Also the new camera can do RAW format in 12 or 14 bits, which do you recommend for a very senior hobbiest ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes sure move for Photoshop 2020 version all older files which you have made will work in an efficient way...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the free DNG converter to convert the raw files to the universal DNG format, readable by any Camera Raw version. Just make sure to set the appropriate compatibility level in the converter.

I'd still recommend a current Photoshop version. The old CS version may soon stop working for any number of reasons (a Windows Update can be enough), and then it won't be possible to reinstall and reactivate it.

But more importantly - if you intend to get the best possible quality from your new camera, the newer Camera Raw versions are orders of magnitude better than the old one you're currently using.

And yes, any old Photoshop file will be fully compatible with a new Photoshop version. The other way might be more tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines