• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS verification code

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Windows XP computer since my old one died. I wanted it for old programs and Civilization II Gold, which I love. I can't afford the new Photoshop. I no longer have the key or verification code to install Photoshop CS on the new computer. Is there any way I can get one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately CS, CS2 and CS3 are dead. Even if you can install them, there is no way of activating them ever again.

A cost-effective alternative is Photoshop Elements 2021 - pay-once-own-forever - but that is unlikely to install or run on XP since that operating system is so old and no longer supported by Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I have a Windows 10 computer, so will try the
Photoshop Elements 2021.

Felicia

--
*Think twice before causing just anything to be.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, you have Windows 10 and you're asking about XP???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows XP computer for Adobe Photoshop CS and Civilization II  Multiplayer Gold which I loved playing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that cost-effective especially since Elements 2021only works on Win 10? You'll need new hardware and new Windows license if you're not running Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally, factoring in new hardware makes it non-cost-effective. That's a given. My comment related solely to the software. I hoped that was obvious.

Sometimes people have other computing options available to them so Elements 2021 may be of more interest to them rather than subscribing to the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want a good image editing software. Doesn't matter. I found Photoshop CS on eBay. Don't know if it will work or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with software you purchase on eBay. Most of it is pirated and comes with malware. You may not be able to activate it with Adobe if it is a pirated version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a pirated version. It came in the original box with the book and
verification code. I installed it and it is working!

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most pirated CS versions came like that, shrink-wrapped and all. Probably 90% of Adobe software on eBay is counterfeit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not shrink wrapped, the box is worn, the book obviously used. The case
for the disk has the activation code on it. I installed it had no
problems.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>The case for the disk has the activation code on it.

That's known as the serial number. If you're really, truly running "Photoshop CS" (shipped in 2003), entering the serial number successfully is only part of the story for a valid version.

For the software to run more than 30 days, it'll need to be activated but activation is no longer possible since the activation servers no longer exist.

Be interested to know if your software runs for more than 30 days. If so, it's probably counterfeit since it's likely that the seller has bypassed the activation mechanism to make it a working product. Either way, if it works, it works. Good luck with it. Hope it keeps working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for the information! I will contact the seller and see if I
can return the program since I don't want to pay for something that may not
work beyond 30 days!

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines