• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it even possible to activate Photoshop CS3 anymore?  When I try to do so, it tells me there is no connection but I've ruled out firewall or security issues. Any ideas?

MODERATOR'S NOTE (Sept, 2020):

The activation servers are gone.  It's no longer possible to re-install CS1, CS2 or CS3. And Adobe Customer Care cannot help you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

The activation servers for CS3 were taken down some time ago, but in addition the links mentioned in the other post to download non activated versions have also been removed.

I know it's not the answer you are looking for .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here is a post that I think will help answer your quesiton:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-do-i-activate-adobe-photoshop-cs3/td-p/9354225?page=1

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That used to be the solution until last year.

Now that the links to the non-activation versions have been removed, CS3 is truly dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there is no any solution to use CS3 right now after  f.e. reinstalling the whole Windows system

Even the registering by phone or something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS3 were taken down some time ago, but in addition the links mentioned in the other post to download non activated versions have also been removed.

I know it's not the answer you are looking for .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! Would it be a good idea to remove those posts so that there is no confusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably would , but I don't think any of us (even moderators) have the ability to delete posts.

I have added a note to the bottom of the linked thread

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...that means even I had the installation file from 2018 an the new code, I was not able to install the programm again after a system-upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a non activation version that Adobe made available for some time then it should re-install as it does not require activation. That can no longer be downloaded though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these downloads available elsewhere? I really want to use my CS3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are no longer available

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was fortunate enough to download the proper CS3 files back when they were available and they still work with the "Never Register" option (just reinstalled over a month ago).

However, if you're like me and don't wish to be a subscriber, switch to Affinity Photo. Affinity is a relatively new suite that is not subscription based and has some really, really cool features that Adobe does not have. And it is at a fraction of the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines