• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 wants an Authorization Code [CS3 is dead & gone, LOCKED]

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's outdated, but Photoshop CS3 has served my needs well for years, but today when I opened it, it suddenly wants me to call Adobe and get an activation code by phone, yet the phone number it gives me tells me that Adobe no longer supports my product by phone.

How do I get an authorization code so I can get my program to work again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Hi

You have joined a thread that is three years old, so the answer is different from the original post. Adobe has shut down the activation servers for CS3.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

"..........yet still sells the photoshop cs3........"

Adobe has not sold CS3 since 2008 when CS4 came out. It is way past end of life and recently the activation servers were shut down. If someone has recently bought CS3, they have been sold an unlicensed version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

CS3 activation server IS still working https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2209967

-and activate offline via chat https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2286195

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac - OS Sierra version 10.12.5

And yes, I am the Administrator (it's my personal computer).

As for the two links you supplied, the CS3 activation server link says "Error not found", and the 'activate offline via chat' is what I was trying earlier, but Adobe won't give me anything other than self-help articles for my problem.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - Suddenly require an Authorization code for photoshop CS3 to work - i have the serial and activation nos : has anyone solved this? - adobe chat directed me to the forums??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question asked could not have been more clearer so i have no idea why you trying to poor some venum over it. Solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  The activation via internet fails and the phone numbers don't work?! This is far to selfish and irresponsible  for Adobe.  Render software useless why?!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have joined a thread that is three years old, so the answer is different from the original post. Adobe has shut down the activation servers for CS3.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutting  down  the server means stopping monitoring old software but they still monitoring thouse! yet still sells the photoshop cs3 so how come they have not got  a solution to keep it viable?  I no longer can use the software why? I paid for it & not that long ago  so do not understand this new trick from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"..........yet still sells the photoshop cs3........"

Adobe has not sold CS3 since 2008 when CS4 came out. It is way past end of life and recently the activation servers were shut down. If someone has recently bought CS3, they have been sold an unlicensed version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your CS3 requires activation you are out of luck Adobe retired their  CS3 Activation servers some time ago.  CS3 is Dead onec you CS3 need activation. If your Machine with an activate CS3 breaks ]you will mot be ablet to Activate CS3 on a new machine.

CS3 can not run on a new Mac os. Whlie CS3 can still run on Windows 10 it can not take fill advantage of your machine resources.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines