Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS4 and Mac OS10.7 Lion

Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS4 is not working with Lion.  How can I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

That sounds like you had CS4 set to open in Rosetta emulation before you upgraded to 10.7 --- and Apple no longer has UI to disable the rosetta emulation.

Apple has been informed of the problem, and is supposedly working on a fix for it.

See this article for a workaround:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/915/cpsid_91595.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details are needed:

First of all, what kind of Mac?  If it's one of the Macs with the infamous Intel integrated graphics (iMac, Mac Book, Mac Mini), we need not inquire further.  The number of bugs introduced by Lion in these machines is too numerous to go into.

Otherwise, it would be useful to know whether CS4 is updated to version 11.0.2, Lion to 10.7/2, whether you Repaired Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility before and after every install, upgrade or update of the application and the OS, as well ass what other troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

PS— Beyond that, you may want to consider upgrading while you can, as CS4 will be out of the upgrade loop the moment CS6 is announced, and that should/could be in a matte of weeks.  The new Adobe upgrade policy will be one version back only as of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New (summer 2011) MacBook Pro with the latest Snow Leopard.

CS4 has been kept updated, but because I can’t access it now, I cannot give

you the latest stats.

Thanks for your help.

George Peterson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I just upgrade mi iMac 3.06GHz IC2D to OS X Lion 10.7.2 and notice that Photoshop CS4  (CS4 Master collection) refuse to open. it says "You can't open the application Adobe Photoshop CS4 beause PowerPC applications are no longer supported" !?

Seems all others CS4 Apps have no problem to open (After Effects, Bridge, Contribute, Device Central, Dreamweaver, Encore, Extention Manager, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, OnLocation, Premiere Pro, Soundbooth...) which make me think, if there is a bug, the bug is more probably in Photoshop.

I use Unistall Adobe Photoshop CS4 and re-install it from the DVD, with no better result...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you had CS4 set to open in Rosetta emulation before you upgraded to 10.7 --- and Apple no longer has UI to disable the rosetta emulation.

Apple has been informed of the problem, and is supposedly working on a fix for it.

See this article for a workaround:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/915/cpsid_91595.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 can be MIGRATED from an older disk on which it is working by using the migrate app in the lion utility folder.

vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Vinsolo.

It's what I did: use Lion to migrate my "old" Mac to the new one (in reality 2 disk partition). But Rosetta, which I totally forgot, has not been disable in the new install.

Now, after Chris Cox remind it me, I solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines