Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Correct answer by SG___ | Adobe Employee

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the application error too when trying to start Photoshop CS 5 ext."The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000001d) .Click on to close the application"I too have a AMD Athlon Processor. I have installed the CS5 Master Collection.I am unable to start Adobe Encore.I receive an "X Runtime Error" message ! I am also unable to load the Adobe Media Encoder.Getting the message"Processor does not support SSE2 instruction set"I have the same problem with starting Adobe Pixel Bender as I do with Photoshop CS5,application unable to start (0Xc000001d ) Finally Adobe SoundBooth wont start.Not bad 6 applications failing to start/load/work. My operating system is Win 7 on a PC,with all the latest updates and drivers installed. I previously used Adobe Photoshop CS4 Ext,Illustrator CS4,Dreamweaver CS4,Lightroom2.All worked with no problems.I am anxiously awaiting a fix/patch as soon as possible please.All the best from NUGCS5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help clear things up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2

Im abit shocked that Adobe hasn't come up with a fix/patch/workaround yet.

My rig is a dual AMD MP 2800 and at this time I have no thoughts of building a new workstation just for PS5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no news on the adobe fix ? we need this, we need to continue our work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still exchanging messages with someone on the support portal who has asked me to reboot into various diagnostic safe modes using msconfig, but nothing makes any difference. I've pointed the person towards withis thread. If I get any joy I'll let you know asap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also pointed Adobe tech support toward this forum but have not heard back from them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What concerns me is that the people who deal with technical support are likely out of the loop when it comes to getting stuff like this sorted. The guy I've been contacted by is polite and helpful but I suspect his remit is to go through the usual process of getting the customer to shut down likely clashing processes, rebuild corrupted preferences files, update drivers etc. I'm an IT professional and can do most of this sort of stuff anyway but it seems the problem is one which can't be solved by a technical support operative. It looks like a problem with the original code. I just hope these messages are getting further than the lowly tech guy to the people who wrote the thing in the first place, else we could all be here for ever!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be right....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if you've read the thread before posting.... why are you talking to or about tech support?

We've already found similar machines, reproduced the problem, identified the DLL at fault, sent the bug report to the team responsible, explained the nature of the bug and their error, and are awaiting a fix from that team.

It's gotten to everyone necessary (except maybe outsourced tech support).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splendid. That's good news. I wasn't having a go at anyone - and apologise for any upset. The problem with forums is that it's very hard to tell who's actually knowledgeable and who just gives the impression they are. When you ring adobe (the official route) and they don't seem to know what you're talking about, you start to make assumptions.

I noptice you're an employee. Many thanks for your support with this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's not a fault, it's designed like this, and the PS CS5 is working just fine.

It's enough to read the System Requirements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/systemreqs/

As you can see NO PROCESSOR supported under Athlon64/Pentium IV aka. non SSE2 processors (every incidents in this tread using old, non-supported, non SSE2 processors).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the other applications require the same thing and they work, I'm guessing there is something wrong or the other ones wouldn't work aswell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure enough... the other application maybe not using cpu commands like the PS CS5.

To be honest, If I were in the Adobe's place, SSE3 would be the absolute minimum from processor side (without supporting 32 bit operating systems). The "SSE only" compatible processors is too old and very-very slow. The time was passed over them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Said like someone who already HAS new equipment, or an unlimited budget

for the next "greatest thing."

My SSE-compatible CPU runs just fine for everything else I have, and I'll

ask for my money back if Photoshop CS5 won't run on it. Adobe has until

the end of the month to figure out a work-around, or other solution, because

I'll make sure to beat their 30-day policy, so I'm not stuck with a useless

upgrade.

In a message dated 5/14/2010 5:42:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

Not sure enough... the other application maybe not using cpu commands like

the PS CS5.

To be honest, If I were in the Adobe's place, SSE3 would be the absolute

minimum from processor side (without supporting 32 bit operating systems).

The SSE compatible processors is too old and very-very slow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.How long will it be before a fix/patch has been made? Will it be days or weeks? As I am unable to start Photoshop 5.Very disappointed after uninstalling the Adobe Photoshop CS 4 Extended first , prior to the new CS5 installation ! Now I don't have any software to use ! PLEASE TELL ME AS TO WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO BETA / PRE TESTING ? Doesn't Adobe do there homework first ? Or is it a slap dash,"suck it and see" approach ? What has happened to testing prior to its full release ? I fully understand that I didn't expect Adobe Premier Pro or Effects to work because of the 64 bit issues.This is what I was prepared for ! There are recommendations on the packaging as to system requirements.But I wasn't ready and prepared for Photoshop CS 5 not to work at all.Is this an over site on my part ? I am lead to believe that a faster, more manageable and efficient new software is to be achieved at my expense,as in a new upgrade to all of my computer system ? Or that Adobe has achieved this , through better and improved software? I would appreciate your response . All the best from a disappointed and let down NUGCS5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know when a fix will be available yet.  We're still testing a fix internally.  It takes time to make sure that the fix is done properly and doesn't break anything else.

During beta testing, one person saw this problem but upgraded his system and we lost the opportunity to track it down.  We had trouble finding a matching processor that we could test with inside Adobe.  Heck, even AMD had trouble finding one.

You *are* using a 10+ year old processor that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements given for Photoshop CS5.  We try to keep the code working regardless of the system requirements, but something slipped through the cracks.

Why did you uninstall CS4?  There was no need to remove older versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least, I did NOT uninstall CS4 (although I know some people

did). But I have no intention (or budget) to upgrade my system. It was all I

could manage to get the CS5 upgrade! I'm still hoping someone finds a fix

before my 30-day window runs out.

In a message dated 5/14/2010 11:17:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

We don't know when a fix will be available yet. We're still testing a fix

internally. It takes time to make sure that the fix is done properly and

doesn't break anything else.

During beta testing, one person saw this problem but upgraded his system

and we lost the opportunity to track it down. We had trouble finding a

matching processor that we could test with inside Adobe. Heck, even AMD had

trouble finding one.

You are using a 10+ year old processor that doesn't meet the minimum

system requirements given for Photoshop CS5. We try to keep the code working

regardless of the system requirements, but something slipped through the

cracks.

Why did you uninstall CS4? There was no need to remove older versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine, anyone who can buy the PSCS5, cant afford cca. 200 USD to a full system upgrade (motherboard, high speed dual (or three) core CPU and 2x1GB DDR2 RAM kit)... And the speed difference is quite high even this low budget computer compared the SSE only CPUs. Even the higher performance computer power requirements are lower then them...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about e-mail us the fix and we'll beta test it for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is good think. Give us a beta FIX and we will test it on our computers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old AMD Athlon XP proccessor, so I can join the test too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please realize that this forum is to help each other and to help Adobe identify and fix the problem, not to judge what each other can or cannot afford to buy. Please, please, please - no judgements. Let's just try to help each other. After all, we are all professionals here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the problem is not solved jet 😕 how long we must wait for this FIX ??? Please do something with this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also join a test, I have two of these systems lying around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please understand, there's no error in here. It's designed like this (as the official system requirements said too - no AMD processors supported under Athlon64) - so nothing to fix it (maybe it should be better if the setup check correctly the system, and it would deny to install the CS5 without correct processor).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine you CAN'T imagine. I don't intend to go to all the trouble,

disrupt everything I'm doing, and have a system that's not as good as the one

I'm using ... just for a software update I don't really need.

In a message dated 5/15/2010 3:50:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

I can't imagine, anyone who can buy the PSCS5, cant afford cca. 200 USD to

a full system upgrade (motherboard, high speed dual (or three) core CPU

and 2x1GB DDR2 RAM kit)... And the speed difference is quite high even this

low budget computer compared the SSE only CPUs. Even the higher performance

computer power requirements are lower then them...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KTTech_79 wrote:

Please understand, there's no error in here. It's designed like this (as the official system requirements said too - no AMD processors supported under Athlon64) - so nothing to fix it (maybe it should be better if the setup check correctly the system, and it would deny to install the CS5 without correct processor).

as chris cox said "CS5 is not *SUPPOSED* to require any of the SSE  instruction sets".  i install PS CS5 on a 4 yr old pc that runs AMD  sempron xp and it worked just fine. then i install it on another AMD  sempron xp pc that is 3 yrs old it doesn't work. therefore it must be  an error with the  image_runtime dll that can be fix. if it wasn't a fix to it i'm sure they would say so

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then WHY it's in the requirements?

Ps.: there's no Sempron XP... You can buy Sempron with Socket 462 (based the old and unsupported Athlon XP) or Sempron with Socket 754 (based the supported Athlon 64). There processors available 5 yrs ago from AMD side, and 10 yrs ago from Intel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know why it's in there. you would have to ask the adobe employee chris cox why it says that in the requirements

ps. what i was saying was it's a XP OS. that says the processor is AMD Sempron 3000+. my point was that it works on some and it don't work on some. therefore there is an error. which they already found and trying to work on a fix for it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Khm. 2 types of Sempron 3000+ exists... one of them supported, the another not. Maybe you have both of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While  there is no fix, I'll use  G I M P.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem... everytime i try to run the cs5 the error appears...
i just installed it as trial...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Im running Windows XP3, Intel Core 2 Quad 8200, Intel DG31PR, 2GB of RAM, 1GB nvdia 9400

thanks for the help..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

That means you have a completely unrelated error.

Intel Core 2 Quad 8200,

That, too means you have a problem completely unrelated to the AMD (or other older processors without SSE2) specific error being discussed here.

Please create a new topic to discuss your problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris...ok..but what about our problem with Aplication error - (0xc000001d)  do you work on this to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris...ok..but what about our problem with Aplication error - (0xc000001d)  do youwork on this to fix it?

Please read the previous posts.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines