• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 259 Replies 259
New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we're not going to get the fix.. I think Adobe should discuss more about this, because they won't get any money from those costumers, who have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're very close to having me demand a refund. And it'll be a cold day

in h*ll before I buy another Adobe product. There are good alternatives now

to Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.

In a message dated 5/23/2010 12:21:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

Looks like we're not going to get the fix.. I think Adobe should discuss

more about this, because they won't get any money from those costumers, who

have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your link that Adobe is not giving a fix?

NixazMixaz wrote:

Looks like we're not going to get the fix.. I think Adobe should discuss more about this, because they won't get any money from those costumers, who have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are not a coder / developer and do not understand that patches and things take time to create if done correctly.

If we are told that there is nothing they can do for us then I will buy a new system. Just the same as if I want to play a new game and have to buy a new gfx card its not their fault its mine for having an old card. The same is true here but its the proc thats old.

What happens on the next release if for instance some thing else in your system is not supported is that Adobe's problem or is it yours.

I am waiting for a patch..

Thank you Adobe for attempting to get a patch for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know everyone is asking now, but I am starting to get impatient. I am very disappointed in that Adobe has released something that is technically in-complete. They were one of the best companies, in my opinion, along side Microsoft.

Can you not approximate when this "patch" or DLL will be released? Up to a month? or even a year?

Thank you,

ADMGemini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sent this to the wrong individual . . . I'm just another frustrated user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see its been a month now since this was first reported and took only afew days to track down the cause.

Yet there is still no fix.

If you guys can not come up with a fix for this why not just say if your using an AMD +/- XP/MP your SOL and call it a day. I had no plans to spend 2,000 just to use CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2010 Jun 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holger Bauer wrote:

If you guys can not come up with a fix for this why not just say if your using an AMD +/- XP/MP your SOL and call it a day. I had no plans to spend 2,000 just to use CS5.

I don't think you realize just how weak an Athlon XP is compared to the current crop of processors. The cheapest (new) computer that you can buy today will easily be twice as strong as an Athlon XP. With the obvious exception being netbooks and netops which have Pentium3 era processing power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still worth it to wait ?

tell us if you will do nothing about it so we can move on and not wait and waste our time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still working on it.

The code involved wasn't trivial to fix, and we still have a difficult time finding machines to test on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress in finding a solution.

We appreciate all you're doing and hope it is resolved soon. I will keep

my copy of CS5 in anticipation of a patch for the problem.

In a message dated 6/6/2010 2:55:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

We are still working on it.

The code involved wasn't trivial to fix, and we still have a difficult

time finding machines to test on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU CAN TEST ON MY MACHINE IF YOU LIKE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have  Athlon XP 2500+   and MotherBoard for this Epox 8RDA3+, If you want I can give it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may have to take you up on that offer.

Our AthlonXP test system has decided to start bluescreening a lot in the past few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to test  you guys?
My machine =

Tm AMD Sempron  2800 + 2ghz Ram 1500
256 ram Gforce Fx5200
Asus A7V600-X  motherboard

luclatino@ig.com.br

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a XP2800+ machine running Windows 7 that is very stable and available for testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if this comes across a bit harsh and I really do appreciate you and your team there working on this issue (assuming you are). But, that comment about having one Athlon XP processor based system that's blue screening and a company as big as Adobe doesn't have another one to test on seems pretty strange to me. If I'm wrong with my assumption, I appologize. The boat I'm in is I have a copy of PS CS5 Extended installed on my system at home (which is an Athlon 64 system running Windows 7 Ultimate 64) and PS CS5 Extended runs fine on it. Here at work, I'm running an HP Pavilion system on an Athlon XP processor running Windows XP Home and I get the Application Error. Getting the employer to fork out the money to upgrade my system over this one issue with PS CS5 is going to be very difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm wrong with my assumption, I appologize.

That processor is over 10 years old.    Most of the Athlon, Athlon XP, and Athlon MP systems that we had, died due to old age.

Even AMD hasn't been able to come up with any systems that old.

We're searching, and trying to get this fixed.

It was an oversight on our part, mostly due to the age of the processors needed to test for a lack of SSE2 instructions.

But this isn't completely trivial, and we won't release untested code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris. The processor may have been established 10 years ago. I have had

mine in my computer for 4 years now. It is a AMD Athlon XP 2800 My operating

system is Win 7(32 BIT).Apart from CS5 being able to operate on a system

with 64 BITS. What major advantages and improvements has CS5 over

CS4,causing me not being able to use the CS5? I am aware that a 64 bit

system can fully utilize more than 4 gb of memory. Is the only major

difference between an Athlon XP and Sempron ,is the Sempron CPUs ability to

function with SSE,SSE2 and SS3.Where as the Athlon only works with SSE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more recent processors are faster, lower power, and offer more of the vector instructions. (you might also be able to update to a more modern video card, faster RAM, etc.)

For CS5 features:  you can read the product pages on adobe.com, or NAPP, or similar sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I'm running a dual Athlon XP 1600+ under Windows XP SP2 with 1GB of RAM and am exhibiting the problem. If you'd like to send me the patch, I'd be thrilled to test it out for you.

Neal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we're looking for now is more machines to have HERE for active testing (we need to do many hours of testing, and possibly multiple builds, etc.).

I think we're down to a single machine (working after a little TLC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NUGCS5 wrote:

Is the only major difference between an Athlon XP and Sempron ,is the  Sempron CPUs ability to function with SSE,SSE2 and SS3.Where as the Athlon only works with SSE?

The difference between Athlon and Sempron is the same as the difference between a Pentium and a Celeron, the Sempron is just a cut down version of the Athlon with a lot less cache. There are Semprons out there that are based on the old Athlon XP cores and they probably also won't work with Photoshop CS5.

Also the Athlon XP 2800+ is about 7 years old now which is a very long time in the computer world. Think of it this way, 7 years before your processor was released the baddest CPU on the block was the original Pentium running at ~150mhz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the problem stated in this thread. I just installed PS CS5 this afternoon. I have read all 4 pages of this thread and I will wait patiently for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the AthlonXP is a 10+ year old processor Chris. But as I said, this system is owned by the company I work for and the owner is not going to shell out the money for a new computer just so I can run Photoshop CS5, when every other program I use on it works perfectly fine. If it were up to me, I'd already have a more current system (like I did for my personal system), but the reality is it's not. I'm sure there are many others that are in the same boat as me. I do hope the team at Adobe gets this problem resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines