Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 can't find shape properties

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to change manually the size of my shape but I can't find the shape properties window.

Can't find the width and height fields. When I create a shape, the shape properties don't show up on my screen. I've attached the screenshot of what I am seeing.

Please can you help me ? Is it because in Photoshop CS5 there's no shape properties ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

To change the unit of measure used in the options bar, right-click a units field, then choose the unit you want to use. I think that was possible in Photoshop CS5. If you are using a Mac mouse where right-click is not enabled, then Control-click the field.

Photoshop-options-bar-transform-units-menu.jpg

And yes, if you are in Photoshop CS5, that was before the Properties panel was added, so it must be done in the options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Photoshop Vector tools to edit the shape's layer's paths and also use free transform to change the shape  layer vector paths.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but I need to set an exact width and height in pixel that's why I'm looking for the corresponding fields. When I vectorize my shape and select it, the Width an Height appears but it's by percentage (screenshot attached). Do you know how to set it by pixel ?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the with and height in pixels rather than percentage?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the unit of measure used in the options bar, right-click a units field, then choose the unit you want to use. I think that was possible in Photoshop CS5. If you are using a Mac mouse where right-click is not enabled, then Control-click the field.

Photoshop-options-bar-transform-units-menu.jpg

And yes, if you are in Photoshop CS5, that was before the Properties panel was added, so it must be done in the options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so so much ! This is it, i can set my size in pixel now. Again thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines