• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Crash

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5 has started shutting down today with a click of the mouse anywhere. I can open an image from Bridge, but as soon as I click anywhere Photoshop quits. Adobe Help had me download the file again  and on the Install icon, when clicked, it says "Install" can't be opened. You should eject the disk image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop CS5 crashing, could you please le tus know the operating system version you're working on?

Could you try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://www.technobezz.com/fix-photoshop-cs5-crash-problems/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you were able to fix this, but the same thing started happening to me around the date of your post.  I'm also on 10.14.6 Mojave with Photoshop CS5.  It took some troubleshooting, but this worked for me: Launch Photoshop without opening a window. Go into Preferences –> Plug-Ins, and then deselect “Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet”.  For me it's no longer crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the OS for Mac that guarantees the operation of CS5 is up to 10.8, the operation is not guaranteed for later OS.
In some cases, the security update of the operating system may render it inoperable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem after Photoshop CS5 ran stable under Mojave for a long time (despite a crash report on exit). I tried the solution of Cosmic_Trainwreck, that did the trick on my MacBook Air, but not my MacBook Pro (both with Mojave 10.14.5).

The following worked for me:

Delete all PS data in Library/Preferences and Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5

With Apple's font tool (don't know the English name) select and check all active fonts. Eject defective fonts.

Then delete the program and system caches (i.e. with FontExplorer). Restart, then start PS, disable "allow extensions to connect to the internet" in the preferences, end PS and start ist again. Voilá.

The crash report still remains, but at least I can use CS5 again. Cheers!

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines