• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 fails to launch on Mac OS 10.14

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a temporary update of my computer from OS 10.12 to 10.14 and Photoshop CS5 fails on launch.  I had this problem with an iMac running 10.14 and Photoshop CS3 two years ago.  I got a hold of someone at Adobe and they gave me a link to download a slightly different version of CS 3 on the Adobe website, and he gave me a different serial number that I would need to use, and everything worked.  I had no luck trying to get help like that from Adobe in a chat today.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 has long since been out of support with Adobe. 

You can try this but it's really borrowed time - in order to stay stable you need to time-lock your setup. 

No more system updates, no hardware upgrades, etc. 

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/open-apps-mojave-photoshop-3684425/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin:  Thanks so much for this!  I will give it a try tomorow.  It may be a lifesaver!

I am running modern versions of Photoshop on a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro, but want to use my CS5 on a Mac Book Air that I use just for travel.  Hate to buy a second license just for one older machine.  I know I am on borrowed time, though  🙂

Thanks,  Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Photoshop on multiple machines just not at once.

If you install on your air, just make sure to log in before you leave - it doesn't ping for months after to confirm your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!  It worked!  What a relief!  I did have to download Java for Photoshop CS 5, but everything works properly now.  I really appreciate your help with this.  For the time being, it is a lifesaver!  Can you explain the multiple installs, please.  I have a Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro, and my travel MacBook Air.  I can install the subscription versions on three different computers but just not use them all at once?  If I put a comper to sleep, then it is not being used, as far as Adobe is concerned?  What do you mean "Log in before you leave?"  You mean, before leaving on a trip, so that Photoshop will work for the couple of weeks I am gone?  Thanks for any help about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant is make sure you signed in to Photoshop before you go on a trip. I was not sure how long you'd be out or if you would have internet connections or not. We have some users that go on months long trips concerned about authentication. For two weeks thats nothing. Install, login and enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can install on multiple machines. What will happen is if you have it activated (logged in) on more than two it will ask you to sign out of one of them before logging into the third.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin: This is great news, that I was not aware of!  

Thanks so much for your patience with my issue.  I really appreciate all the great information you have given to me and the community!  

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines