Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 layers not showing up with project created on 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I run PhotoShop CS5 I bought many years ago, it still runs fine on Windows 10.  My question is I had an artist create some art for me in PS 2020, and when I open it in PSCS5, some layers disapear.

See screencast video explaining and showing the problem:

https://www.screencast.com/t/X1wHLbo7vL

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the artist accidentally deleted the layer?

Another possibility is depending on the type of layers, there are a lot of features CS2020 have that CS5 don't and most likely won't show because it's coming from a newer version. For example, if I use a color lookup layer (which debut in CS6), it won't show on CS5 because that feature isn't available. I do not know what kind of layer the artist used, but if it's a regular layer, then it should show like all the others.

Those are my two guesses and I have a feeling it's the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I contacted the artist, but I think its my 10 year old program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I contatcted him, but I too think its the old program. still serves me well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I open it in PSCS5, some layers disapear."

That's the least you can expect when you open new files in 10 year old software. For most other applications (InDesign, Illustrator), you wouldn't be able to open the file at all. Photoshop is particularly forgiving in this regard, but all new features over ten years will naturally go missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines