• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs5 license question.

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I own the original Photoshop CS5 software for Mac. I am currently changing that computer to a new Windows computer. If I install the software on a Windows computer and use the license from Photoshop CS5 for Mac, is it legal? I have not found the answer by reading the license. PS. I have the Windows installation CD because I have a second license for the Windows computer, but I don't want to change anything on it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

Hi

You can not transfer your licence from MAC to Windows, the licence key you have is for MAC OS only, you use to be able to transfer the licence via Adobe but that is not longer an option

Edit

"PS. I have the Windows installation CD because I have a second license for the Windows computer"

You are allowed two activations of your Windows PS licence, so you can have it activated on 2 Windows devices but only use it on one at a time, that's providing you haven't activated it more then once on Wind

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

There is no _legal_ way to run a Mac emulator on a non-Apple machine. At least that's Apple's view, and they can afford much better lawyers than I can. I mention this because the original poster was specifically looking for a _legal_ solution.

To the original poster: you could have swapped, for free, from your Mac CS5 license to a Windows CS5 license as long as it was current. That is to say, right up until April, 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can not transfer your licence from MAC to Windows, the licence key you have is for MAC OS only, you use to be able to transfer the licence via Adobe but that is not longer an option

Edit

"PS. I have the Windows installation CD because I have a second license for the Windows computer"

You are allowed two activations of your Windows PS licence, so you can have it activated on 2 Windows devices but only use it on one at a time, that's providing you haven't activated it more then once on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you run a virtual Mac on your new Windows system then its ok to use the software and the key... also running a 2nd copy of Adobe software on the Windows machine will be a problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no _legal_ way to run a Mac emulator on a non-Apple machine. At least that's Apple's view, and they can afford much better lawyers than I can. I mention this because the original poster was specifically looking for a _legal_ solution.

To the original poster: you could have swapped, for free, from your Mac CS5 license to a Windows CS5 license as long as it was current. That is to say, right up until April, 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines