Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 or Photoshop Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone,

I am a self-made artist and have been designing pictures with CS5 for several years. I do this with the help of various media, such as additional software, photos, regular watercolor paints or completely freehand.
I am faced with the question of getting the cloud version of Photoshop. But I'm looking for decisive advantages or improvements over CS5.
Can someone give me a little help?

Best wishes
Kay Weber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Ged Traynor.

Kay Weber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you plan to someday update your OS or the whole computer the question may become moot because Photoshop CS5 will not provide infinite upward compatibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, c.pfaffenbichler.

Kay Weber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you should work with Smart Objects the option of using Layer Comps on Smart Object instances might proof useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I  am now coming out: I have no knowledge of what you are telling me. I don't think I will go that deep either. In the meantime, communication in English (via the
(via the translator) is often too exhausting for me. I just want to continue taking my pictures in a relaxed manner - as it corresponds to my advanced age. But if Photoshop Cloud has decisive advantages over CS5, I would still switch. Even if there are annoying things coming my way, like endless searches for the zoom-over-wheel function.

Kay Weber

Verlauf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"communication in English (via the translator) is often too exhausting for me."

Try writing in your native language and let us click the Translate button in the forum window.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besten Dank, Jane, ich werd`s versuchen.

Kay Weber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sum up: the one overriding advantage of CC over CS5 is that it will keep you working. CS5 may stop working at any time, depending on what you do to the rest of your system.

All the rest is ultimately unimportant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the one overriding advantage of CC over CS5 is that it will keep you working"

Until Adobe break it with one of their updates 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But many of the last couple of flabbergasting new bugs seems to have gotten fixed with the respectively next upate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, but Adobe are known to introduce bugs in the bug fixes, take version 21.2 for example, Adobe rendered a lot of old and some not so old GPU's useless with that update and it's still an issue with version 21.2.3 even though I reported the issue over three months ago.

I honestly think version 2020 is by far the worst version so far, some nice new features but it still has some major issues going by what I seen on this forum.

A new version is just around the corner and I can't see Adobe addressing the issues with this version before the release of the new one.

I'd prefer if Adobe would stop rolling out a new version every year and work on addressing the issues in the current version.

One new release every two years would be a much better option but that's just my personal opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess what annoys me even more is sub-par or plain wrong implementation of Feature Requests … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines