Highlighted

Photoshop CS5 x64 doesn't run.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have just installed the trial version of CS5 master collection on a Win 7 and the x64 version of Photoshop doesn't run and displays the error code (0xc000007b).

I have the uninstalled both CS4 and CS5 suites and reinstalled the later and the problem continues.

My computer has the folowing sistem requirements:

Intel core i7

6 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 330M with 1 GB.

windows 7 home premium.

So i guess it should be running.

Can anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CS5 x64 doesn't run.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have just installed the trial version of CS5 master collection on a Win 7 and the x64 version of Photoshop doesn't run and displays the error code (0xc000007b).

I have the uninstalled both CS4 and CS5 suites and reinstalled the later and the problem continues.

My computer has the folowing sistem requirements:

Intel core i7

6 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 330M with 1 GB.

windows 7 home premium.

So i guess it should be running.

Can anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried right-clicking on the .exe file and choosing Run as Administrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The same error happens

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read that a virus infection can cause that kind of error.  In other places, the Comodo firewall blocks things giving that error code.  I haven't personally seen it myself.

Do you have good quality antivirus software and is it up to date?

Are you running the Comodo firewall?

These are just shots in the dark, but occasionally I hit something that blows up. 

-Noel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have comodo antivirus/firewall both up to date. Checked for viruses but none shows up. In the blocked files lists photoshop doesn't show, just for sure added an exception to the firewall as an trsusted application. Anyway just to make sure I shutted down comodo and tried to run photoshop again but the error keeps showing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error. I've looked around for solutions and some people have said to copy the "amtlib.dll" file from Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit). This didn't work for me though. It can't be viruses because my computer is just a few weeks old and has anti-virus software.

Seems to be a really common problem, adobe needs to find a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying 64 bit libraries to a 32 bit app, or vice-versa, isn't going to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that's what I thought, and it didn't like I said. I've been searching the forums but there's no solution, anybody know one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit disapointed since I bought a new computer just to run Photoshop CS5 and the x64 doesn't work. Does anyone have new hints?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given:  You know Photoshop CS5 x64 works on other Windows 7 x64 systems, so something's wrong with YOUR setup.

You have two avenues you can travel:

1.  You can try to modify your existing system configuration so that it will start to run Photoshop CS5 x64.

2.  You can start afresh with Windows, make Photoshop CS5 one of the first apps you install, then install the other things that you have chosen to make up your Windows environment and find out which one breaks CS5.  Then back that component out.

You've mentioned several things upon which you have made decisions that may not be valid.  For example, you mentioned shutting down the Comodo firewall and Photoshop still didn't run.  Did you uninstall the Comodo firewall completely?  With this kind of problem that's what it may take.  Frankly, I've yet to see any valid justification for running any firewall other than the one that comes with Windows 7.  Another invalid assumption is that just because the computer is a few weeks old it cannot have a virus yet.  I'm not saying you DO have a virus, but you could have gotten one 5 minutes after you plugged it into the internet.

As running Photoshop CS5 x64 seems important to you, I'd suggest not fooling around with your existing system configuration any longer and start afresh with suggestion 2 above.

-Noel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually  I did desinstall comodo and changed for Avira antivirus that has no firewall atached and still photoshop doesn´t run.

And as for reinstalling windows....I only have the master suite CS5 trial, acrobat, msn, firefox, wacom cintiq and the antivirus on it do you really think that something of this is really that incompatible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take a close look at your Wacom. Seems to be a few threads in here where Wacom caused issues with 64 bit.

Best bet is to run your anti-virus in the safe mode at least once.

Also type in mrt.exe (malicious software removal tool) in search programs and files, in the safe mode, and let that scan for trouble.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Rechecked for virus and malaware but none show up.

I was really hoping it was the cintiq drivers right now since I found some people with this problem related to those drivers eventhough I was pretty shure I tested photoshop before installing them, I uninstall them and still the error keeps showing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you plesae tell me from where can I download 64-bit versions of CS5 products??!

On Adobe trial downloads, I get only x86 versions...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial downloads are 32 and 64 bit, for applications that support 64 bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
M_129 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, thanks! I just installed Photoshop and I got Photoshop x86 and Photoshop x64 installed!

Unfortunatelly, Dreamweaver and Fireworks are only x86...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines