Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 32 bit on iMac Mojave 64bit issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Support team,

Almost 2 years ago I've purchased Photoshop CS6 becouse I wanted perpetual licence. Everything is actually work fine, but Photoshop was lagging all the time from the start which worried me, but not as much so I ignore it. Few months ago, after OSX system update from sierra to Majove, I've started receive notifications like this Photoshop may affect the performance of your Mac. The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility.” I understood that I use 32 bit Photoshop on my 64 bit Majove. Does it mean that I've purchased 32 bit Photoshop ?

Under the link below,

64-bit OS benefits and limitations for Photoshop

I've read that

Mac OS

Photoshop CS6 and CC only install a 64-bit version on Mac OS.

Photoshop CS5 installs a version that can launch in either 32 bit or 64 bit when you install on a 64-bit version of Mac OS (Mac OS X 10.5 or later). If you are using Mac OS X 10.4 or earlier, then Photoshop only installs the 32-bit version.

Photoshop CS4 installs a 32-bit version only.

Any tips on how Can I update Photoshop CS6 from 32 bit to 64 bit on iMac? Will Reinstallation of CS6 help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

On the mac side photoshop cs6 is 64 bit, there is no 32 bit photoshop cs6 on the mac side.

The reason for the warnings your seeing is while the cs6 phoptoshop application itself is 64 bit, some helper apps like the adobe application manager are still 32 bit.

You can just ignore those warnings, since it's not until the next macOS Catalina 10.15 that no 32 apps will be able to run and it remains to be seen whether cs6 will run on 10.15, so don't upgrade to 10.15 till other people report what works a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 2 years ago I've purchased Photoshop CS6 becouse I wanted perpetual licence.

Who sold you a permanent license for Photoshop CS6 within the last two years?

Because obviously it wasn’t Adobe.

Edit:

Older versions of Photoshop system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some private resaler  Poland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 can be installed as either 32 or 64 bit. You would need to reinstall to select 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I install 64 bit CS6 now? I can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed most public software download links so you'll have to contact adobe support to get a cs6 installer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina will not support 32-bit applications.  Until you are fully committed to 64-bit applications, do not upgrade to Catalina when Apple offers it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I want Catalina as soon as it will appear. You already said that Photoshop CS6 is 64 bit, so it is OK, the Adobe App Manager  is 32 thats the case. I want to replace AAM 32 for 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grzegorzw41362488  wrote

but I want Catalina as soon as it will appear.   I want to replace AAM 32 for 64

Supporting CS6 apps and plugins that are not 64-bit won't  work on Catalina.  Since CS5 is no longer supported  they will never be updated.  It is what it is.

If you want to use the latest operating system, you need to plan to upgrade your other software too.  Or stay on CS6 and don't upgrade to Catalina.  Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad I did not know this. it's to freakin late. They have some nerve... I Paid $222.12 in 2012, and Ihave a lisence.

They need to be sued for not warning Adobe users.

And Apple is complicit in not warning us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your software is 7 years old, and Apple has been telling people for a couple of years about 64-bit compatibility. You can continue to use (unsupported) CS6 on an older computer with an older version of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe didn't do anything to make your old software stop working.  You did that yourself when you upgraded without checking compatibility first. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

BTW it's not too late to revert back to Mojave and stay there forever.  

https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina

Or you can get off this leaky boat and buy a Creative Cloud subscription which includes free upgrades with paid membership.  No more incompatibility problems with newer equipment and operating systems. 

Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac side photoshop cs6 is 64 bit, there is no 32 bit photoshop cs6 on the mac side.

The reason for the warnings your seeing is while the cs6 phoptoshop application itself is 64 bit, some helper apps like the adobe application manager are still 32 bit.

You can just ignore those warnings, since it's not until the next macOS Catalina 10.15 that no 32 apps will be able to run and it remains to be seen whether cs6 will run on 10.15, so don't upgrade to 10.15 till other people report what works and what doesn't.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it means that I should replace Adobe App Menager 32 bit for 64 bit? Will it work? Can I leave Photoshop as it is an install only 64 bit Adobe App Menager ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid there is no 64 bit Adobe Application Manager available for cs6.

On your mac go to Apple>About This Mac>System Report>Legacy Software to what apps on your mac are 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates will surely be needed for Catalina. CC subscribers will get them. CS6 can be expected to be dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines