• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 installed on my MacBook Pro 2015 running Mojave since I got my machine 2015. Each time I open Photoshop it loads and it tells me "The last time you opened Photoshop, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" to which I have tried both 'Reopen' and 'Don't reopen' and Photoshop crashes regardless of the choice. I've tried doing a reset on my computer as well. Any idea why this is not working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Another thing is you may have a third party plugin that is causing the issue.

If you still get the message after trashing the com.adobe.Photoshop.savedState folder try starting photoshop cs6 with the third party plugins disabled by holding down the Shift key while starting photoshop cs6 and click Yes in the dialog that follows: Skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins?

skip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reeannea96227280, good evening.
Since CS6 is an old software and designed to operate up to OS10.9, it is necessary to take into consideration that the operation is not guaranteed with Mojave.
If the operating system is not guaranteed to operate, there is a risk that important data will be damaged due to unexpected operations such as this time or crashes during work.
Especially in the case of Mac, backward compatibility at the OS level is low, so compatibility with CS6 and Mojave drivers may also be involved.
If you consider CC products such as Photography Plan, you will have less trouble.
(CS6 data can be read and written by CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to  /Users/User Name/Library/Saved Application State 

and trash the com.adobe.Photoshop.savedState folder

Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

The User folder is hidden by default so an easy way to get to it is click on your desktop, click Go and hold down the Option key, then click Library, which is your User Library.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing is you may have a third party plugin that is causing the issue.

If you still get the message after trashing the com.adobe.Photoshop.savedState folder try starting photoshop cs6 with the third party plugins disabled by holding down the Shift key while starting photoshop cs6 and click Yes in the dialog that follows: Skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins?

skip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! I did both of your suggestions, deleting the .savedState folder and opening Photoshop with the third party plugins disabled. It seems the latter worked and I can now open, use and close Photoshop CS6 freely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff 

I seem to be getting into this never-ending loop of not able to open photoshop, 

I have tried to open while holding Shift but nothing shows up, 

also, my library settings seem to not be anywhere, are you able to shed some light on this issue 

I have tried uninstalling photoshop but it problem comes back again  

Thanks 

Frances

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 3.37.49 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

What exactly happens when you try to run photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get in by clicking Shift, option, command, which meant I deleted Adobe Photoshop setting file, 

it got me it, but now it is very temperamental and quitting when I try clicking on Type tool, 

have I corrupted something in the process  

Photoshop CS5 - Movaje mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If in photoshop cs5 you go to Help>System Info, what Adobe Photoshop Version does the top line say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines