• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 crashing on windows 10 2004

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 3 computers running windows 10 2004 with PS CS6 64bit and once the program starts up and loads 5 ish seconds later it crashes, the 32bit version does not crash but we would perfer 64bit for full experiance. Just installed 1 of the computers that have been in storage, that's running win 10 1903 and it launched and ran Photoshop CS6 64bit without any problems or crashes.

Dell optiplex

Intel cpu (sorry dont know model but its a i7 in 8th gen)

Amd r7 450

1Tb of hdd (yes i know i wish it was ssd)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would love too but the photoshop crashes on startup, we had 4 total that were all built off of the smae image and they had PS CS6 on them they were recently moved to new area and only 3 were put back up and one left on a shelf. the three that were running has not worked since school year started and they all updated to the 2004 windows update. bout a month ago we put 4th system and it was on 1906 update and has worked fine since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete or rename the folder you CS6 Preferences are in.  Then start Photoshop it should recreate you preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did You install the CS6 Udates? CS6 without its updated is version 13.0 and is not stable.  It needs its updated.  If yoy doe not have a CC sunscrioption you Perpetual CS6 should br aver versiom 13.0.1.3 abd you should also haved SCR 9.1.1 Installed.  If you have a subscription CS6 version should be 13.1.2. 

Adobe Photoshop Updates  Windows 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im sorry forgot i made this post been quite busy, i got reminded of the job and we will be trying this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines