• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 does not open or create files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Cloud. And have downloaded Photoshop CS6. Using it locally.

It was working fine.  For weeks. The application still loads without error. But if I open a file nothing happens. No error message. But no file appears. And if I try to create a new file the same thing. No error message. But no new canvas to work with. In both cases nothing appears in the layers panel.

The Help menu gives me the option of deactivating. So I am assuming it is not an activation issue.

Fireworks works fine. Illustrator works fine. Only Photoshop has this problem.

I am running Windows 8. 64bit. 12gb. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2gb. Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64. No optional 3rd party plugins.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Photoshop up to date - Yes

Windows 8 up to date - Yes

Cleared prefs - Already tried

Uninstalled. Re-installed. Now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be jumping the gun on this one, but I haven't had any problems with Photoshop for 5 days now. I switched from a Logitech G500s mouse to a Zowie FK1 and my issues went away. I've heard of people solving this issue by switching out their mouse/keyboard and I guess it's true.

Apparently Photoshop doesn't like Logitech peripherals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Logitech Keyboard and Logitech G902. I know I have tried removing the G Logitech Software and still had the issue. I'll try to remove the devices next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the software does nothing. You have to remove the hardware.

I've been using Photoshop reliably for over 2 months now. It's definitely not a coincidence, the Logitech mouse was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I solved it by keeping my Logitech Mouse and Keyboard and installing the Windows 10 Tech Preview. No issue since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a printer installed?

I had this same issue, went away with my computer for a few days. Photoshop started working fine again. That is the only difference other than a xbox controller. I think the printer is the only relative answer so give it a shot if you have a printer unplug the USB! Worked for me (I Think)

If it does work let me either by telling me or marking this as the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop, press Ctrl + Shift + Pause. Create a new file, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitswub wrote:

Open Photoshop, press Ctrl + Shift + Pause. Create a new file, it should work.

I just had to drop by and say THANK YOU!  I had been tearing my hair out over this issue for a few years now, across different versions of Photoshop CS on different machines running different generations of Windows.  Was getting quite sick of having to reboot every single time that Photoshop decided to give me the "silent treatment" as described in this thread.  Just now I happened across your solution, and thought that the simplicity was too good to be true, but decided to try it anyway- and it worked!

Question is, what does this magic key combo actually do?  it doesn't appear in the official reference manual, nor in any other list of shortcuts that I've come across (Google isn't helping either).  I'd love very much to have the lowdown here, since I've wasted so much accumulated time (and therefore money) on this silly yet infuriating problem.  Also, if there's any reason why it remains undocumented, it'd be nice to know about it.

Once again, many thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, I had to drop by to say Thank you. Not sure what this shortcut is for (or just Ctrl+Break would do the same here), but you saved me days of eventual troubleshooting in CS6. Everytime I have some problem with PS, it always turns out a PS-only frustrating issue. The staff is always trying to accuse everything else but not their product, which is somehow normal. PS is the #1 software that cost me weeks and months worth of wasted time over the years chasing solutions to problems that render their software almost inoperable.

Good I stumbled upon this thread early in the process (only 2 hours wasted) to "fix" this. I've had already started to feel the next heart attack after I thought the amount of time this would cost me this time.

PS CS6 was working for 4-5 years without this problem on this installation of Win7 x64, now luckily - again. No software changes in the last 4 months. It started just today out of nowhere.

Glad to have this user-community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cntrl Shift Pause fixed it for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share a solution that worked for me. 

Adobe CS6 (13) used to work without a problem on my laptop. But recently started having this error whenever I opened a file or create a new file. It would stop, tried uninstalling and re-installing nothing worked. 

Then I realized that I had updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest one which solved some other problems on my laptop while using audio applications (usually GPU may be conflicting with audio drivers when external interfaces used)

So that made me think about it. Since I'm not able to revert a problematic graphic driver which will stop my audio-related work, I just tried using CS6 with my integrated graphic driver by right-clicking and choosing an intel integrated one. 

Problems solved and now I'm able to use it without an issue.

Just wanted to share.

Thanks

Flytta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines