Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuietLisa, good evening.Photoshop CS6 is a product whose operation is guaranteed up to 10.9 for CS6, so use in later versions is not guaranteed.Also, the new Mac (macOS 10.15) does not work 100%.This is due to the specification change of macOS.Consider introducing CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your polite and intelligent reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you buy a PC or Mac Licence and when did you buy it, I was marketed I believe around 2012.  Did you loose the DVD? You will most likely need an old Mac OS to use CS6

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi no dvd i bought directly from adobe

i was told I have to downgrade my operating system to Mojave.....and that looks so complicated, or upgrade my fully owned and licnced CS6 to some subscription elements and I think this is rally wrong!! 

I shoumd be able to use it woithpout paying xtra. So I have to downgrade my operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A current iMac can run mojave, apparently, but CS6 wasn't written for movaje. You MIGHT be able to install it.

"I shoumd be able to use it woithpout paying xtra." I so disagree. If you make something for some, and they pay you, then you do YEARS more work, should they be able to get it without paying extra? New systems need a budget for new apps. It will all happen again in a couple of years with the next generation of "Silicon Macs" which won't run today's apps. This is why subscriptions, where you keep paying for someone to do all this work, are a pretty good plan. 

If you really must run museum apps, run a museum Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not sound very encouraging and with attitude too.

My 2017 macbook pro which is not a museum relic, thanks very much, runs my photoshop CS6 perfectly well, but its having the keyboard replaced.

I bought this imac today hoping to get some important work done on photoshop over the newt few days.

If you cannot be more proactive and frankly less ageist, do not reply to my post. Not all of us are made of money and I feel that I paid for a licence in good faith and it is unreasonable that I cannot still use it. Do you drive the latest model BMW or did you buy one a few years ago and would like it to keep performing? How would you feel if you were forced to upgrade?

What you are saying is that you support the "use by date" mentality. Well then you are saying I must have hit my use by date too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is turning into a futile debate about uopgrades and not actually adressing my question. Thanks but I did not ask for a debate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I shoumd be able to use it woithpout paying xtra.«

I agree with Test_Screen-Name. 

And I would like to add that the argument that some people make  

»I don’t need the new features I just need the application to run on a computer and OS that were not to exist for years after I bought the permanent license«

seems nonsensical – compatibility with new OS, new hardware etc. is a feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry you can not find your DVD.  It seems those that purchased the DVD from Adobe do not get access to the Download. I purchased the CS6 boxed version directly from Adobe. Your Product seems to remain registered to your Adobe account along with your CS6 activation serial with the date of activation but because you purchased the DVD it seem Adobe does not provide a download for us. I hope my DVD is still readable I have it backed up for myself just in case its not.

If you purchased the download version you should be able to download it from your account order history.

It looks like if your ordered the box set Adobe removes your billing histotr to prevent access to the doewload.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks got that now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installers might still be available somewhere 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

but the expectation that such long obsolete software should run on the current macOS seems unreasonable to me. 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/so-does-photoshop-cs6-run-in-catalina.2204104/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251055813

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Them Prodesigntools links redirect to this https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html?red=a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new Mac runs Catalina, as it surely does, give up. You need CC2020 or later to run in Catalina. Apple designed Catalina to block all the old software we knew and loved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows generally seems to provide much longer/better forward- amd backward-compatibility.

I am a Mac-user myself, so every now and then I have to say »goodbye« to some piece of software I would actually like to continue using – that’s just the way it is … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep now i know... i only upgradd my computer today after the good old macbook needed a nez keyboard. I was using CS6 perfectly.

Some people on here have such attitudes soi thanks for bing polite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines