Highlighted

Photoshop CS6 Looks Blurry (Mac) Retina Display

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I recently got a new Macbook Pro (2018) and I realized that the interface looks blurry for Photoshop CS6. I read that it could be due to the retina display and I need to update to 13.0.6 but the Creative Cloud updater says there is no update for Photoshop and when I tried to manually download the update via Support Downloads it opens the update in the old Adobe Updater and says "Update Failed." Is there any way I can still update?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CS6 Looks Blurry (Mac) Retina Display

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I recently got a new Macbook Pro (2018) and I realized that the interface looks blurry for Photoshop CS6. I read that it could be due to the retina display and I need to update to 13.0.6 but the Creative Cloud updater says there is no update for Photoshop and when I tried to manually download the update via Support Downloads it opens the update in the old Adobe Updater and says "Update Failed." Is there any way I can still update?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There haven't been any updates for CS6 (perpetual licensed version) since late 2012.   CS6 support has ended.   And it's no longer part of Creative Cloud. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that they are no longer developing new updates for CS6, but can I also no longer install the previously developed updates? I am on 13.0 and I just want to update to 13.0.6, the last update from 2012.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mojava 10.14.6 Mac OS and Photoshop 13.0. I have it installed already, I just want to get the last update they released before they ended support so it is supported for retina screens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure that the update will help you because CS6 was never hi-DPI aware.  Reach out to Adobe support and ask them if they have a direct download you can install.  Use the link I posted above to install it because Creative suite installers are not supported on Sierra and higher OSs.

Contact Customer Care

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cs6 on the mac side was made compatible with Retina Screens starting with the 13.0.3 update.

(the newest photoshop cs6 update on the mac side is 13.0.6)

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2013/01/retina-display-support-and-photoshop-cs6.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2019 1
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl - i on your Photoshop.app and see that "open in low resolution" is not checked.

If unchecking that option works, fine. If not, we'll have to look at a reinstall from your original discs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are manual updates, if anyone else needs a solution to this. I did each update consecutively instead of jumping right to 13.0.6.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Macintosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0