• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 not saving to server

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save my .psd files to the server from photoshop, neither save or save-as. Save for web works just fine. When I try to save I get this error message:

Could not save as “X.psd” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

I know for sure that I have unlocked permissions and no one else is using the file.

I'm running Adobe Design Premium for CS6 on a retina mac book pro iOS 10.7.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 14.0 and 14.1 contain quite a few improvements to make saving to a server safer.

(mostly working around the OS bugs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suffering from these problems now, running Yosemite with CS6. A few of my users cannot save anything, anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending lots of time trying to get Photoshop to save to our network server, glad to have found this thread. Before I share some findings, can anyone confirm if updating to the latest cloud versions of Photoshop solve this issue? I've already made sure the permissions were set for everyone to access the temporary folder mentioned above. Next step is to delete it and see what happens.

We are using Photoshop CS 5.1, Version 12.1 x64. I believe this is the most up to date version of our CS5.1 software.

We are on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3.

When connected to the server via afp (in server log it says "AFP client")

Photoshop gives this error on a save after some changes are made to the file: "Could not save "file name" because write access was not granted." Then, as soon as you hit ok, the file is deleted from the server and is gone within a minute or so. If no change was made to the file, save works fine.

If you use "save as" and keep the same file name, it will usually fail with the same error as above. If you use save as and type in a new file name, all works fine.

If logged in via SMB (in the server log is says "CIFS client")

When you try to save, the error changes to "could not save "file name" because the file was not found." And then as soon as you hit OK on the error, the file is deleted from the server. Using Save As and inputing a different file name presented a new problem, it always says "could not save as "file name" because the file was not found." (in this case SMB seems to be worse than an AFP connection).

This is very frustrating and has been going on in the forums for over 3 years. Shared network environments are commonplace today. It seems to be centered around photoshop and OSX. All other software we use has been working fine with the server / network attached storage.

Thanks for any guidance. Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also be keen to hear if there is any development with PS Creative Cloud version to solve the saving to network issue. We are about to upgrade.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.

From my MacPro using Photoshop CS5 I can save PSD files to my desktop, internal and external drives.

However, I cannot dave PSD files to my network server. Receive PS error: "Could not save as “xxx.psd” because write access was not granted."

I have no issue when saving other formats, such as jpeg, png, etc.

I can also "/Save for web and other devices"

I can copy a PSD file to the server using FINDER.

Appears to ONLY relate to PSD format files, being saved directly from Photoshop PS5

If I save from my MacBookPro, which is running PS 2014.2.2 (The online version) I have no issues saving a PSD file to the same server.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. It started when I was using PS 5.1 and then upgraded to Mavericks. We are now on Yosemite and Photoshop CC 2015. It is still occurring. I have tried repairing disk permissions on the computer hosting the hard drive we are saving to and it did not help. I am going to try changing the Preview Save in Preferences and see if that helps. I need this issue resolved as well since we need to be able to save over a network. Chris, any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only remaining problems known are due to permissions on the server (configuration), or bugs in the file server itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don’t belive that.

the problem is only related to psd-files.

i have photoshop cc 2015,

client: 10.11.1

server 10.11.1 // 5.0.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this could help, at our office we have found this was the issue. Opening in finder, gives you the preview of psd, I guess it lock down saving. We havent found solution to this just a workaround, we stopped using view with file previews.

osx - Photoshop on mac "could not save [file] because write access was not granted" - Ask Different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 4 iMacs (10.10.5) connected to server via AFP (previously SMB) and having multiple 'save-as' issues throughout the whole Adobe CC suite, not just photoshop. Indesign giving sporadic (Read Only) issues where I have to save multiple versions in order to not lose any work. Very frustrating. On a few occasions I found that once I stayed within Indesign/Photoshop, I had no issues at all but the minute I clicked onto the finder and directly back into Indesign/Photoshop then I would not be able to perform a simple 'save', I was forced to 'Save As'... '...access was not granted' etc.

After reading this thread I see a lot of people only experiencing the issue with Photoshop, I just wanted to point out that I'm getting it throughout all the Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth mentioning that we have tried editing and propagating the permissions on all affected folders from the within server to fix the issue but isn't working. The only way I can resolve is by creating a brand new folder at finder level and copying all the files into the new folder. Once this is done the issue is resolved. Not an ideal situation but it's a workaround.

Would love to get to the bottom of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving When Photoshop Won't Save — Christopher Grant

I hope this is useful -- I was going from Lightroom to Photoshop and not getting my edited pictures back into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

switching from smb to AFP share solved the problem for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving When Photoshop Won't Save — Christopher Grant

Simple and effective. I restarted Photoshop just to make sure the change (that wasn't a change) worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been 7+ years and this bug is STILL present in Photoshop CC v20.0.2. It long past time to get this bug fixed. No other Adobe apps have this issue. Perhaps you could borrow the devs responsible for file system handling for Illustrator or InDesign and let them have a go at fixing the problem because the devs currently working on the problem just aren't getting it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines