Highlighted

Photoshop CS6 not saving

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CS6 which used to work and still does as am able to open and edit images but lately it won't let me save images even when I use 'Save As' and direct it to another source. The error the pops up is ‘cannot save as the file as is either open or used by another applications’ and when I check no other applications is open. Please advice

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CS6 not saving

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CS6 which used to work and still does as am able to open and edit images but lately it won't let me save images even when I use 'Save As' and direct it to another source. The error the pops up is ‘cannot save as the file as is either open or used by another applications’ and when I check no other applications is open. Please advice

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it elsewhere.   Close PS restart you machine or logout and login see if the clears  up the lock can you saver to where you wanted,

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Thanks for your advice. I have tried to do what you sugggested and still get the same message 

Could not save as “ACR.tif” because the file is already in use or was left open by another application. Do you think perhaphs Mojave operating system on Macbook is causing this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave 10.14.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines