• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 "sticks" with Wacom Intuos tablet

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use a new Wacom Intuos tablet with Photoshop CS6 on a Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6). When I draw with the brush tool, Photoshop isn't recognizing the end of the stroke. This means that if I draw a stroke, then try something like a Command-Z for undo, it doesn't work, because Photoshop thinks I'm still drawing. The analagous thing with a mouse would be if I drew a stroke, but didn't release the mouse button.

I can see that this is happening by looking at the history pane. With a mouse, as soon as I draw the stroke and release the mouse button, a history entry appears. With the Wacom tablet, when I finish drawing the stroke, no history entry appears. The history entry DOES appear when I start a new stroke (that is, when I click down, it immediately appears, evcen before I finish the stroke). Another example: I draw line 1 with the Wacom brush. No history entry. Then I draw line 2 with a mouse, and I get a history entry when I first click, and another one when I unclick. History entry 1 correponds to stroke 1, and entry 2 to stroke 2.

With the polygonal lasso, this makes things seem even stranger. If I were to click the four corners of a square, I'd click corner 1, corner 2, and no line would be drawn. When I click corner 3, then a line is drawn between 1 and 2 (but not 3 yet). Etc.

Anyone else experience this? I've gone through a multitude of steps with Wacom support, but they're thinking it's on the Photoshop side now. Other drawing apps seem to work fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?