Highlighted

Photoshop CS6 - Screen flickering when using brushes with new MacAir 2013

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the Adobe team please respond to the issues reported by several users:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5449199

A number of users experience severe screen flicker in Photoshop CS6 when using any of the larger brush type tools (cloning, eraser, brush, spot healing, burning, and dodging).  As many on this thread are experiencing, it is awfull and unusable! The flicker is screen wide black boxes, sometimes the whole screen goes black.  It only seems to happen when we put the cursor over the image to edit.

Hardware:  MacBook Air 13", Haswell 1.7 GHz, 8GB, 512 SSD Software:

Photoshop CS6 v13.1.2 20130105.r.224, OS X v10.8.4 (and perhaps others)

Looks like a CS6 is not compatible with teh new MacAir. Please look into this and advise.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.1.2 (13.1.2 20130105.r.224 2013/01/05:23:00:00) x64 Operating System: Mac OS 10.8.4 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:69, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading       

Message was edited by: GSVAI

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by PECourtejoie | Adobe Community Professional

Apple has released an update to the MacBook Air 2013 that fixes this very issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1672

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CS6 - Screen flickering when using brushes with new MacAir 2013

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the Adobe team please respond to the issues reported by several users:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5449199

A number of users experience severe screen flicker in Photoshop CS6 when using any of the larger brush type tools (cloning, eraser, brush, spot healing, burning, and dodging).  As many on this thread are experiencing, it is awfull and unusable! The flicker is screen wide black boxes, sometimes the whole screen goes black.  It only seems to happen when we put the cursor over the image to edit.

Hardware:  MacBook Air 13", Haswell 1.7 GHz, 8GB, 512 SSD Software:

Photoshop CS6 v13.1.2 20130105.r.224, OS X v10.8.4 (and perhaps others)

Looks like a CS6 is not compatible with teh new MacAir. Please look into this and advise.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.1.2 (13.1.2 20130105.r.224 2013/01/05:23:00:00) x64 Operating System: Mac OS 10.8.4 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:69, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading       

Message was edited by: GSVAI

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by PECourtejoie | Adobe Community Professional

Apple has released an update to the MacBook Air 2013 that fixes this very issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1672

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> The flicker is screen wide black boxes, sometimes the whole screen goes black.

What you're reporting is either a bug in the video drivers, or a bad GPU.

In either case, Apple is the only party that can solve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening in the new Photoshop CC . I have seen a few people complaining about this on other forums such as Mac Rumors as well. I have the 2013 Macbook Air i5/8gig machine with Haswell.

Everything else works great on this machine so this is clearly an Adobe issue that needs to be resolved asap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you most likely don't have other applications using the GPU in the same way.

Especially if it happens in CS6 (and hasn't happened on other hardware), it means a bad video card driver or GPU.

And since we haven't heard of that many people having problems, it might be bad batch of hardware.

You really need to talk to Apple about this.

We will try to pursue it with our Apple contacts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better solution. Why doesn't ADOBE talk to APPLE about it? If a few people are already posting about it in the forums don't you think that many others haven't even discovered the problem? I just installed it onto my first Mac which is the air today. I tested the problem just to see what others were talking about - I probably would have not encountered this problem anytime soon as I rarely use huge brushes.. Don't believe me?? Hmm why not look at these threads?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5111828?start=0&tstart=0

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1602252

Stop passing the buck and get it worked out. Thats what us and others who pay a ton of money every month to Adobe for Creative Cloud expect.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because we haven't seen the problem, and don't have any of the affected machines.

Apple needs to know which machines are affected, and possibly test those machines.

Apple does have known bugs with their cursor handling, especially in 10.8.x - but usually that just causes the cursor to disappear, and it happens in all applications.

My guess is that in this case there is a certain revision of the GPU or driver code that has this problem, and it does not affect all machines (otherwise we would have seen it ourselves).

But we cannot solve these video driver issues - as we do not have the source code to Apple's video drivers.  Only Apple can debug their video drivers (or pass it on to the GPU maker)

I know it's easy to blame Adobe because the Apple bug shows up in Adobe software.

But Adobe is not Apple, and Adobe cannot solve all of Apple's problems.

Adobe relies on Apple's OS code working correctly, much like your car relies on a decent road to run on.  And you don't call Honda to fix potholes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also appears to be doing it in CS 5 according to another person on Mac Rumors. They took a video of it doing it .. not very clear shot but thats what it does on my screen too.. if not a little worse. Here it is below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=463152160442512&set=vb.324069114350818&type=2&theater

I am not trying to get into its an Adobe fault only however instead of us going to Apple it would be better if the company who makes the program goes to them and says look we have some reports of this can you look into it especially when others have said that Apple is pointing users towards Adobe. We would like this fixed as soon as possible. Surely Adobe has more sway as a company than a few of us on some forums or filing bug reports.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we file a bug with Apple that we cannot reproduce ourselves: Apple ignores it.

( NOTE - I have now reproduced the issue on my own machine, and am reaching out to Apple hardware folks to get this looked at)

Apple needs to hear from customers who exerperience the problem, and needs details on exactly which systems have the problem.

We will continue to research this, and if we find a system that reproduces it, then we can file a bug with Apple and have some hope that they might investigate.

Also, thanks for the video - that is definitely a driver or GPU issue, though with that kind of flickering I'd also suspect the LCD driver circuits.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone at your company have the new 2013 air? I and others would like to know if it works correctly for anyone as we still have the return period. This is the new haswell gpu drivers that may be buggy but we need to know without being told to go back and forth. Any further research into this would be appreciated. I really want this resolved as I am loving my new Mac air and really do enjoy using the creative cloud.

I found this issue after playing with the brushes and blur tool at a very large size.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we do - and can't reproduce the problem so far. (my guess is that the problem only affects some batches of machines)   We'll keep trying, though.

But without a system showing the problem, I can't isolate the cause.

It could be the driver, the GPU (or VRAM), or the LCD drivers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for trying. I just opened up Photoshop CC again to see if I could narrow it down with the brushes. I noticed that over 60px was when a lot of problems were happening but it also depended on the hardness of the brush. Sometimes it wouldn't do it unless I moved it up in size etc. and some of the other brush settings (can't think of the names but not the normal round ones)  did not appear to have an issue. Not sure what else I could do to help.

I worry that it works on the machines you tested on but not right on ours.. shouldn't it be the same drivers for all? The LCD driver I could understand being a little different as Apple seems to have LG or Samsung. If it helps mine is an LG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be the same drivers, but things may have been updated for a new batch of chips, or the chips could be bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take my MacBook Air to the local Apple store and show them what is going on. I will also show them our discussions. Someone has to listen to us at Apple. Touch wood

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that would be great if we know what Apple says in the store. Its a bit of a drive for me to get one and mine is BTO so if there is an issue I will have to mail it back and wait for a new one. Holding out hope that its something simple like a driver issue that can be fixed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another video posted by someone else:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bdy2qr4lm9py11/IMG_2355.MOV

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not even a very large cursor - and not the sort of rolling/VBL like artifacts you could get from application timing issues with the GPU.  (and not much like a driver issue, either)

Yeah, the more I see the more I suspect that this is a GPU/LCD driver problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

I went to the Apple store and brought myself a more recent MacBook Air (13", 4/256 FYI, they were out of the 8/512 model).    I can't reproduce *exactly* what you're showing, but got the flicker to happen by resizing the cursor.    Also, while painting, the screen seems to stop updating except for the cursor -- not only is Photoshop unable to draw, but other applications stop drawing as well.  And a few times it hasn't even updated the cursor (while all other apps seem frozen).  That's not normal.

When I see the flickering, I frequently see the menubar and other UI elements draw at the wrong location on the LCD, then black, then redraw in the correct location -- repeat in different positions and lots of "static" until I stop changing the cursor.  That's more evidence of a hardware or and odd driver issue.  The odd thing is: it doesn't happen all the time.  It's possible that the one we have at the office also shows the problem, but we didn't test long enough.

I'm trying to reach out to my hardware contacts at Apple - but it's a weekend before a holiday, so we may not make progress immediately.

One thing that would be useful here: the model of MacBook Air that you have that shows (or doesn't show) the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to grab one at the store. I have been following several forums and some people are saying the issue isn't always "consistent". Anyway another person shot a few videos that may be helpful to you if you have not already seen it. I am seeing pretty much the same issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gX2ydkVz4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMH6EczMrSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElofXqNnJ58

The model I have is the i5/256 gig SSD and 8 gigs of memory. I ran some command in terminal and found that it is an LG brand LCD screen.

Hopefuly someone can figure it out or at least tell us if we have a bad batch so we can get a replacement. I don't want to bother getting a new one sent yet if it could have a good chance of having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air 13", Haswell 1.7 GHz, 8GB, 512 SSD  I went to the Apple store with my MBA and showed a sales person what's going on. He went behind the doors to talk to a Tech. The Sales guy comes back and said it is a known problem at Apple and they are working on a fix.  Unfortunately I am unable tell how credible the information is or if they just wanted to get rid of me in a store where they have in excess of 100 people and lots of people in store.  We would like to see an official Apple statement to acknowledge the issue and some sort of action plan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pointers - and I hadn't seen that last video yet.

And here's my 60 seconds of oops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJAY6Xo0JzI.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from Brisbane, Australia:

I bought a 13" MBA 4GB 256GB on Wednesday - which I plan to use whilst on location shoots; as soon as I read about this problem, I tried it out and can confirm that flickering occurs (and even at times the screen completely darkens) at certain brush sizes relative to the zoom amount (ie: a large brush size with the canvas zoomed out, or a small brush size with the canvas zoomed in)
Went to the Apple Store yesterday and explained to them the situation - the genius told me to back up my MBA then come back today so they can replace it. There'd still be chances of the new MBA I'm getting to be faulty but hey, if later on, they confirm that it is a GPU problem, I'll be able to return the new one too and get a new new one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more testing, I went a couple of hours without glitches, then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl8D2nKAHKQ&feature=youtu.be

It looks like the backlight is turning off in some cases, and the display driver is picking up garbage or offset data in several cases.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chis, I tried to do a screen video capture using "Jing" but as soon as Jing is active the flickering stops completely and the large brush works perfectly. Stopping Jing brings the flickering back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Did you ever hear back from any Apple Engineers? Would like to know if this can be resolved soon.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is an issue with how the mba wakes up from sleep. I can't reproduce the problem after boot or reboot, but easily after waking my macbook from sleep by changing the brush size with the square bracket keys while leaving the brush in the canvas.

It happens on both PS C6 and CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't heard back from Apple engineers yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to share this https://discussions.apple.com/message/22383256#22383256

I just got a Macbook Air, while I was waiting for it to arrived I got news from MacRumors that Photoshop was having this flickering, so I tested it and those were the results.

Have no idea. I will hate to return the Macbook Air but I depend a lot on Adobe software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alfnewlayer wrote:

Just wanted to share this https://discussions.apple.com/message/22383256#22383256

As I said before, I think that the drivers for the new gpu or some other new component might not work well after waking up from sleep.

My experience is

boot -> open Photoshop -> change brush size -> no problems,

boot -> put mba to sleep -> open Photoshop -> change brush size->flickering

Apple might be at fault here, because the fact that the macbook was in sleep mode shouldn't normally affect the behaviour of an application.

I haven't tested long enough to be sure of it, but keeping the mba from sleeping after boot may be a temporary fix if someone needs to do some work with a certain brush size.

My hardware configuration is i5/8gb/256gb with lg panel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took my laptop to the Apple Store two days ago because of this problem, and they called me today to go and collect it. The guy confirmed the problem and told me I should wait for an update from Apple or may be also from Adobe. No more details on when it should come up or anything else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm an unfortunate new owner of Mba 13" 2013, and also experiencing the same flickering problems again and again... I've been checking different forums / discussions, still stuck with my machine, but i wonder why isn't there any discussions update since 4/5 days now... Does it mean that everybody found out solutions (with updates, patches, from apple or adobe) since then or simply just turned back the faulting Macbook Air to Apple to get money back and wait?

Thank you, Two days left before the end of the 14 days return policy...don't know what to do. Don't have any clear news...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petersillions - apple is aware of the problem and engineering is working on it - according to the senior applecare tech I talked with.

My experience is that the issue is triggered when the brush size exceeds some fixed threshold. I get flickering when using quick mask and the brush size is greater than 1937 pixels. I haven't experienced problems with other tools, but I don't do a lot of things on the MBA that use a large brush.

If yours is acting similarly, you should have a useable machine if you keep our brush sizes down.

You should also know that Apple swapped out my original MBA (purchased next day after announcement) after seeing the flicker at the genius bar. The new one exhibits the same problem.

If you do decide to keep the machine, then you probably should report the issue to apple. Be prepared to argue a little because the flickering does NOT show up when diagnostic software is running - so they cannot capture it using remote tools. I've tried catching it on iShowU & Quicktime. The apple tech tried using their screen charing and that failed. I sent them an iPhone video 'just to make the point'.

Good luck either way you decide to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say to everyone I ended up returning my New Macbook Air for a Macbook Pro 13. Glad I did even though it was a difficult decision. Was in love with the Air and was running out of time, if your using Photoshop the Macbook Pro seems more solid, no flickering from day one. You can read more here https://discussions.apple.com/message/22427735#22427735

thanks for sharing and the support. good luck to everyone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a week of testing this myself: the fix works.  And the other drawing hangs/glitches are cleaned up as well.  Photoshop CC and CS6 are now working quite smoothly on my MacBook Air.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be working for me too. Now back to work we go

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a windows 10 computer.  Never had it before and have used earlier versions of photoshop and lightroom.  HELP this is a real problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the mask outline flickering within Photoshop recently on my Win 7, i7, 32 GB mem, quadro k2000 desktop.  I noticed it started when I TURNED OFF (unchecked) the Use Graphics Processor option under the Preferences>Performance within Photoshop.  I rechecked this box to turn my GPU back ON and the prob immediately stopped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too. Is it harmful for my macbook air 2013, especially my screen?

I already download the updates from apple & already restart it but the screen flickering is still happening when I work with my brush

Any idea with everyone else? Pls give some tips to fix this things. Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Apple OS updates -- Apple fixed this already.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum has been very helpful unfouruntly it seems to only be a fix for the macbook air. Recenelty getting a new Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 2ghz with 16gb ddr3 running the intel iris Pro 1024 MB graphics and an updated 10.9 STILL has this issues and it's begining to be quite a bother at the office. Specifically I'm only using Photoshop Creative Cloud when it occurs. It's been significant at close zoom in's and with a brush betweeen

6-15px.

Does anyone know of this same issue sent out from apple but for thier new retina display mbp's?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this on my Macbook Pro which I bought in March of 2014. I have all the current updates... any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue seems to be pretty much any time I click down to use any tool. It flickers no matter what I seem to use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Apple - they may have another driver bug to fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked with Apple. There is no fix at this point. It does also appear to be Adobe related. This is incredibly frustrating.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1661104

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree it's uber frustrating. Thank you for looking into Apple if there's a fix. If you're working on Photoshop as much as I all day cleaning photo's it's just annoying enough that you get grumpy. I almost don't care who's problem it is Adobe or Apple but it needs to be addressed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Photoshop pretty much all day everyday. It is extremely frustrating. Especially when this only happens with an adobe product. As referenced in the link I posted it does appear to be on the adobe side.

Both sides aware of the problem but not one side wants to fix the problem...meanwhile all of us who have to work day after day with this software are left hanging the middle with no one even considering resolving it.

Another point...this does not happen with any other program I use so why is it Apple's issue?

We pay a heafty price for these softwares....  in more ways than one. Build a product and not support the issues that people have with (only) that product. Not a stellar response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just seems like if the problems are getting reported to adobe then adobe should be working WITH Apple.

It seems like if that communication is coming FROM adobe and not random people reporting to different sources, places and to different people then things would get resolved more efficiently.

You should be working together. Not pushing it off on the people who purchase the products to sort out when it involves your products to begin with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had this problem with a long discarded MB Air, I was able to correlate the flickering with the size of image. There was a threshold at which flickering started and below which there was none; I passed the specifics on to Apple. At that time the MBP did not exhibit the problem, so I traded up - about a week or two before the problem was fixed in the Air (as I recall it was an Apple bug - which makes sense because it was specific to the Air and no to Photoshop, which it should have been if the (supposed) buffer overflow was in Photoshop).

You may be able to accelerate the bug fix by emulating my investigation and - if you find something - passing the information on to Apple.

I used to write a lot of software. No one likes bugs, but the systems are far too complex to search blindly. Give them a way to reproduce the problem or wait and complain. Your choice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously it was Apple specific.

If you want to get Adobe to move, then demonstrate it's more general.

But in either case, you can do something to narrow down the problem by experimenting to see if you can create a reproducible test case. Without one, the developers have to guess. With one, they will be able to narrow the problem to a set of specific subsystems.

This kind of thing happens when garbage is written past the end of a safe buffer or some memory address are being trashed. This can occur for different size images in different architectures and possibly different configurations.

Trust me - they want to fix it. If you can make the job easier, then it will bump it up higher in the queue - both because it's easier and because you are demonstrating it's important enough to you to do some work to help solve a difficult to find problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that's part of what I was doing here.

There are YouTube videos posted showing what is occuring

There is stuff all over Google with no resolution anywhere

I've posted links to other conversations with videos showing and explaining what I'm experincing

I've posted reference that its not solely apple related.

I'm delivering this on an adobe forum to adobe.

In a sense I feel like I'm taking my car to a mechanic and instead of giving them the knowledge of what I'm  seeing issues with (even with video representation of the problem) they won't work on it until I tell them word for word why its happening and where to fix the problem...

This problem is all over YouTube. Which leads me to believe that not only are other people experiencing it...they are getting the same canned response and despite the video examples its still not getting resolved.

The problem is no one wants to sit down and address it. I'm not a computer engineer. I don't work in IT. I'm not a programmer. I can show (as has been posted) what is happening. Short of sitting down at a desk with an engineer I don't know what else to do. I'm not sure what you are asking for is really different than all the other examples that have been posts . Did you look at them?

I don't know computer programming. So if that's what it takes for us who have non IT related jobs to get this fixed I don't know how to respond to that. Caring enough about this problem apparently requires another college degree.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And don't get get me wrong. I'm not trying to be rude but its really frustrating to see so much documentation online regarding this issue over the course of a couple of years and not one resolution for it. When you have to use this program daily and no one wants to resolve it and what you see is that this has been a very well documented issue a cross numerous operating systems for so long its frustrating to say the least.

I can't get technical. I don't have a degree in that.  But anyone can use Google and YouTube and in many cases has had that documentation delivered directly to adobe and Apple and probably microsoft yet there has never been a fix. The fingers just keep getting pointed in every other direction.

I apologize if that comes a cross rudely. Not intended at all. Just extremely frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That rumors thread is from last year, about the MacOS bug that Apple patched last year.

And these issues are in the video card driver - which will only affect applications that are using that part of the video card driver.

You are not getting a canned response - you are getting the only response possible: Adobe cannot fix Apple's code, only Apple can fix Apple's code.

We do try to solve all the problems that we can, but we cannot solve problems outside of our control.

Yes, Apple should be working with software developers, testing OS changes, and fixing the bugs before releasing new OS versions to customers.

Yes, we make every attempt to work with Apple.  Yes, we would prefer if Apple worked with us and other developers to solve the bugs in Apple's OS code and drivers.

Brokentod - there are different bugs on Windows 8 and MacOS video card drivers that both caused some flashing of the display.  They are not related, and they were both fixed with driver updates.

We have spent a lot of time and resources researching these issues - but we can only fix issues in our own code.  And sometimes we can't work around the OS and driver issues without disabling major features or taking a huge performance hit, while the OS and driver vendors can fix their bugs rather easily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines