• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Stuck Saving--Finder Not responsive?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there all...twice already for what seems to be no reason, my photoshop CS6 will stop saving (or be stuck at a percentage when saving) almost indefinitely. This 'bug' ends up corrupting the very photoshop file I was working on which in turn makes Finder COMPLETELY unresponsive on my mac. The only way to solve this issue is to manually reset my computer by holding the shut down button (as even pressing 'shut down' from the apple icon isn't enough).

Though again, even after the reset which supposedly 'solves' the issue, the photoshop file alone ends up being corrupted---thus useless.

I have a Mac Book Pro Retina: Mojave 10.14.6

2 GHz Intel Core i7

121 GB availiable space (and also using icloud) 

I've seen others with this problem here on the forums though many have Catalina (instead of my Mojave) and they often have this issue WHILE having an external hard drive attached to their computer. I do not have an external hard drive on my computer while this happens. HOWEVER--The first time this 'freezing' occured (which again ONLY happens with my photoshop CS6) I had just moved a ton of files onto an external hard drive before using photoshop. It was 'fairly' long process. At the time, I thought maybe the freezing happened because I moved so many files at once. Perhaps I was putting too much pressure on Finder, thus it froze? So I deleted the plist as it does instruct for when finder is unresponsive, restart the computer, and then for a few months all was fine.

But the second time (which just happened today), I had only used an external hard drive to move another buuuunch of files around two days ago or so?? Not the day of like it was the first time. 

I don't know why this is happening out of nowhere? I've installed no new plugins or apps. Anti-virus software hasn't picked up anything (and again--this is only happening with photoshop and it's effect on finder. Not any other program). I've updated my settings in photoshop to now use 72%MB for memory (since before it was around 40-50%) and my cache tile size I reduced to 132K instead of the original 1024K I had it at. (Attached here is a screen shot showing the performance on photoshop that I just changed it to today)

So far so good I guess? But I just don't want this to happen a third time and lose a bunch of work. 

Anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?