• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe dev. team!!! Will update and test it out tommorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about those of us running Windows who have purchased a stand alone copy? will this fix take care of our problem also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NVJims,

NVJims wrote:

What about those of us running Windows who have purchased a stand alone copy? will this fix take care of our problem also?

The issue triggered by the previous updates and fixed with 13.1.2 only affected Windows users with a Creative Cloud Membership, or single product subscription (eg. 13.1). If you have an individual Photoshop subcription, then look for the 13.1.2 update to address the license issue.

If you are using a perpetual license on Windows then the latest update available is 13.0.1.1. This update has not been seen to cause the licensing issue discussed (for the most part) in this thread.

If after running the update, or if you have 13.0.1 running the 64-bit version and you still have issues, take a look at the help document Jeff posted below

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure this is specific to Windows, I have just experienced this today on a Mac (10.6.8). I am running a design suite CS6 and have never had this problem.... until now.

I am getting a "Sign in Required"

If I click "sign in" PS opens without any further information needed.

btw - have all of the bugs been updated for the standalone product, that have been fixed in the subscription version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the issues--I am running 13.0.1 in the 64 bit version. and I actually have to sign in twice to get to work.  Having to do this each time is not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression that some folks aren't noting that today's update, which is 13.0.4 (note the 4), is only for Mac. So you a) have to have OSX b) update to 13.0.4

So far so good me, but the next few days will be the tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the upgrade and upgrading as I type.

Any notes anywhere that this contains a fix for the licensing problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the patch 13.0.4 , after pop up , entered my serial and it seems to work...let's see tomorow morning! Hope customer service will give us a coupon or code for next CS7.....that will be the minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just downloaded 13.0.4.  It seems to work.  I did have to enter my serial number by clicking "register..." under one of the menus, but after restarting PS, no more trial windows!  Yeah!

Thank you Adobe for fixing this. 

I totally understand the pressure of having a problem like this come up during the holidays (well the Mac problem during the holidays- lol), and thank you for the effort.  I would also like to thank the moderators for their constant presence on the forums - and making us feel "heard" during the time it took to fix this bug.

I would also like to say that a discount on Lightroom 4 would be great - simply as a "Good Will" for all of our contiuing support as the loyal customers we are, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few hours after loading 13.0.4, Photoshop crashed and I lost work and actions that were open.  Crashes haven't happened much since the first update to the original CS6 that crashed about once a day.  When a crash used to happen, it asked if I wanted to send info to Adobe, which I always did.  This time only the "Tell Apple" dialog came up, no option to send the info to Adobe.  Holding my breath...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only happens at the 4 seasons.

PSmasterGIMP wrote:

I would also like to say that a discount on Lightroom 4 would be great - simply as a "Good Will" for all of our contiuing support as the loyal customers we are, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1.2 is for Windows which affects Win32/Win64bit

There is one outstanding licensing issue for both 13.0.1.1 (perpetual) and 13.1.2 (Creative Cloud) that affects a small number of win64 customers: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac 10.6.8

received the Sign In notice when starting PS;

updated to 13.0.4

received a new Sign In notice, and this time with 30day clock. I chose to sign in with my Adobe ID. It then asked for my serial number ( I would have thought that using my Adobe ID would have grabbed the serial number which is listed in my account).

It accepted the SN and PS is no longer asking for sign in, other apps seem to be OK>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Creative Cloud subscriber. The Photoshop 13.1.2 Update doesn't show up in my Application Manager. I guess the update might be timed around the world to manage bandwidth? How long will it take for me to see the update inside Application Manager? I'm sitting in Germany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2 a.m. in this part of the world...

13.0.4 seems working so far.

After download, install, it's still in CS6 extended trial.  Enter the serial number once and it stays in Extended mode with trial windows lifted.

Reload CS6 and it is now in CS6 standard mode showing 13.0.4

Quit.

Call it from LR4, loads properly in standard mode, no 3D, no trial window.

Plug-ins work automatically; saves to proper folders; updates LR4 properly.

So far so good. 

Thank you, Adobe.  I know you will come through.  You are the Rolls Royce. 

I must thank everyone here who patiently, humorously, professionally, perseveringly cheering and prodded Adobe towards success. 

Cheers. 

I know, first thing in the morning, I will run it once more just to be sure, but for now, let's open that bottle of Burrowing Owl.  Toast to 13.0.4

See you in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe give it a day before really letting your hair down in celebration - at least that is the time it took for me before for the bug to surface. Oh too late, the Burrowing Owl is vanishing.

I'm just going to stick with 13.0.1 for now in any case. Besides fixing the bug in 13.0.2 and 13.0.3, the new update doesn't appear to do anything except fix problems with Mac Retina screens which I don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've done the update to 13.0.4 on my iMac and it seems ok for now. I didn't need to re-enter the serial number CS6 came up when loaded as it used to - not a trial window in sight.

Call me a bit sceptical but I'll wait for a few days before shouting Hurrah and I won't be updating my other Mac (a Macbook Pro) until I'm confident about this update -  the Macbook Pro is working happily on 13.0.1 and can stay that way for a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another day at the office with another registration requirement of my purchased CS6 as the day before........

2013-01-16Another PS6 License Renewal.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacey,

Did you install the 13.0.4/13.1.2 update?

If so, can you click [License this Software] and enter your serial (perpetual license) or sign-in with your Adobe ID (Creative Cloud license)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffrey,

I did update to 13.0.4 after I had posted to here with my latest registration.

Meanwhile, I've had another problem ever since I purchased CS6 Photoshop standalone.2013-01-16-For Photoshop Community.jpg

If I open up 1 file, I get 1 message, open 2 files I get 2 messages, and on and on.......

All I do is press OK, until I open up the Ps the next tuime, and it starts allover again - just like the registration problem!

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error means that there is some bad data on the clipboard from another application or the OS.

It shouldn't be possible to come up just from opening a file, but you might have a third party plugin or script that is trying to paste something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The update seems to work ok but my apps run quite a bit slower now and most of my extention icons have disappeared AND the bloddy problem of not having icons, (make icon checkbox is unchecked) is back on some files???! purging th cashe did not help this time. I can only assume it is due to this update. Any ideas?

Here are screen shots.

Screen shot 2013-01-19 at 9.45.53 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-01-19 at 10.18.21 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-01-19 at 10.32.43 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh joy! Photoshop can run even slower???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines