Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Unbelieveable bug!

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Please tell me someone is having this issue.  When I open an image in PS CS6 all is well.  Once I move the document, it snaps itself to the top left.  If I move it and try to place it somewhere else, it moves itself a little higher to the top left.  The more I move it the more it snaps higher.  If I move it over 5 times it covers the main menu bar (File   Edit   Layer   View   Filter) and so on.  This renders the app useless as you can no no longer access the native menu to do anything to the image.

I am on Windows 7x64 (SP1)  with a Wacom Tablet.  Within PS I've disabled, Tabs for windows (Both check marks) as well as Flick Panning, and animated zoom.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

It's a pretty blatant bug, but some workarounds have been discovered.

It has to do with having your Windows Taskbar up at the top of the display.

You can work around the bug by setting your Taskbar to Auto-Hide itself.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea well, I work in an IMAX dome and have a 360 degree view of my photoshop documents. Anything less is for newbs. Get with the times people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCjay wrote:

Another work around is to use Photoshop cs6 on a duel monitor…

You mean dual.  Duels are against the law in civilized countries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, when we lived in New Orleans, we often had picnics among the "Dueling Oaks."

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dueling banjos come to mind too…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, being a "Son of the Deep South," I can relate there too...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you so much Bill and station_two for correcting me on my use of these two english words, Yes Duel, and  Dual.... God now I just can't live with myself anymore, and I now must put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

oie_22164254iWzfT9JX.gif

Thank you so much god rest my soul. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCjay wrote:

I now must put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

The world is so full of empty promises.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love u 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to worry about. I thought that the juxtaposition of those two words was rather humorous, as you WERE "dueling" with a problem.

I got nailed just the other day, but using "loose," where I meant "lose." A week before, I could have blamed that on a sticking O Key on my laptop, but I had just replaced the keyboard, so my excuse went out the window. Also, with that sort of thing, SpellCheck will not flag it. Guess that you could safely say that I got *loose* with "lose."

Stuff happens... now put that gun down!

Happy editing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys are quite done bragging about the size of your equipment, I'd like to pursue the dual monitor issue. Opening Photoshop CS6 on my second monitor had occurred to me as a possible solution, and it was one of the first things I tried. But when I open files they snap to the top left corner of my primary monitor, so it's still impossible to have two images open at once. iCjay - when you did this, were you able to move images around on your desktop?

- Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie,

You can change the display of Images from Tabbed View, and should then be able to have multiple Images Open and, depending on their Magnification, and your monitor real estate, drag them side-by-side. That Tabbed View is not something that I use, being the "old-timer," that I am. I like to be able to see all, or at least a big part, of what I am working on, when I need multiple Images Open.

If I am just Opening multiple Images, but working on them one at a time, I let them Tile, and do not need to see any, but the one that is being edited.

If you have Tabbed View (the new default), try Tiling the Images. Unless I am missing something important, a click+drag should get you what you want.

Good luck, and if I AM missing an important element, then just ignore my suggestion.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response,Hunt, but nothing seems to help. I don't like working in Tabbed View - quite often I'm moving layers between images so I like to have both/all open at the same time. However, I tried opening two images and tiling them as you suggested; the only result of that is that now, instead of snapping to the top left of my primary monitor, as they were doing, they snap to the top left of the secondary monitor. I still can't move them anywhere, on either monitor. I think I'm just going to have to stick with CS5 until they get this fixed (they WILL get it fixed, won't they?)

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty much unacceptable to me. I blame Microsoft more than Adobe; I've been using the taskbar on top for years (it actually makes much more sense, I think) and I have had issues with programs opening underneath it or not working properly since WINDOWS XP.

Adobe needs to fix this ASAP because it's pretty sad that this new program has such a blatant and intrusive bug but the greater point here is that part of Windows needs to be re-written because it's not something software developers should be having to worry about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I blame Adobe, Sixthcrusifix. Adobe needs to get it's head outa it's A$$.

WINDOWS JUST WORKS NOW!!!! What's Microsoft, is that some company or

something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The taskbar at the top makes TONS more sense. That's where all the other menus and app controls are, why move your mouse all the way down to the bottom, that makes NO sense. I don't understand how any serious computer user can put the taskbar at the bottom, that's just foolishness to me. It certainly makes you a little slower as you have to move your eyes and mouse further.

I'm not bothering with CS6 until this bug is fixed, it's a total deal killer for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric Stoffers wrote:

I don't understand how any serious computer user can put the taskbar at the bottom.

As I see it, it comes down to two things:

1. Personal preference. What's right for you is not necessarily right for other people. 

2. Habit. People resist change, and like to keep what they're used to. 

I understand your decision not to use CS6 until this bug is fixed, but others (me included) don't share your preference. What priority this bug is given by Adobe will most likely depend on how much of an issue it is for the vast majority of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for discussion of Adobe Photoshop CS6 and associated technologies. Personal attacks against other users or vendors will not be tolerated. Some replies have been deleted.

While I appreciate the position of the OS taskbar is a personal preference, the number of users who move it from the default bottom position is vanishingly small, so it's not unexpected that a bug driven by such a rare setup would me missed by the beta testers.

As indicated by Adobe, this is a known issue and is under investigation. A workaround has been described. As with all bug reports nobody is going to guarantee a fix date, but that doesn't mean they're ignoring you. Please be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

While I appreciate the position of the OS taskbar is a personal preference, the number of users who move it from the default bottom position is vanishingly small, so it's not unexpected that a bug driven by such a rare setup would me missed by the beta testers.

Betcha there are some new steps in the System Test Plan now, though. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may be a "vanishingly small" community, but we are still paying customers and this is not a minor bug - it's a huge issue that prevents many of us from even using CS6. I have not yet seen a viable workaround; the only suggestions I have seen are ones that require me to change the setup of my computer, which is not acceptable. I'm not subscribing to the puerile "my setup is better than your setup" feuds; I simply want a fix that will enable me to use the software I've purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite being warned, the people replying to this thread have continued to throw personal insults at each other.

I'm locking the conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines