Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 won't register Pen Pressure

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
I have a Dell Canvas monitor that allows me to draw directly on the screen.
It has no problem with pen pressure when I use Clip Studio Paint, but when it comes to Photoshop, no matter how I try to adjust the pen pressure bush settings, nothing works!
But when I use my Intuos Tablet, Photoshop can register the pen pressure.
Some people said to uninstall the canvas pen driver and install Wacom pen drivers.
Which I did and nothing works.
Surely it's not because it is a CS6?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

You need to configure  your tablet device driver to use WinTab APT not INK API in Wacom your device Preferences you set up Application preferences for Photoshop and in Pen Mapping for Photoshop you un-check use Windows INK . You need to configure your Dell device driver for its Pen support. If dell dose not have WinTab devices  driver for their Canvas Pen.  Photoshop is not going tle work well on  a Dell canvas even verions of Photoshop the support Windows INK have issues with INK. Photoshop pen tablet windows ink

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old perpetual version of photoshop do not have Windows INK Pen support.  You need to configure your tablet the use WinTab API with Photoshop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!
But nothing has worked.
Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.
I did try to disable the Windows Ink Workspace and all it's weird function in 2 ways that I found on google.
Nothing works.
I've tried to download the newest Drivers on Wacom, but when I go onto their site it won't download.
It keeps giving me a "Fail" error on the bottom left of the Chrome bar below.

My Intuos Tablet's Grip pen has no issues with Pen Pressure, but when I use the stylus that comes with the Dell Canvas it still doesn't have pen pressure.
Is it because I have a tablet plugged in too?
This doesn't cause issues with my other drawing programs, but I would like to use photoshop too, because my classes use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to configure  your tablet device driver to use WinTab APT not INK API in Wacom your device Preferences you set up Application preferences for Photoshop and in Pen Mapping for Photoshop you un-check use Windows INK . You need to configure your Dell device driver for its Pen support. If dell dose not have WinTab devices  driver for their Canvas Pen.  Photoshop is not going tle work well on  a Dell canvas even verions of Photoshop the support Windows INK have issues with INK. Photoshop pen tablet windows ink 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help! I'll just have to convert my files to .PSD I guess.
I turned off all the windows ink junk but no luck.
I appreciate your replies though! Have a wonderful day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines