• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Data Merge Export Naming Question

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an external .txt file to Data Merge different copy and importing/merging with individual .jpg photos for a few hundred images. Is there a way to make the exporting .PSD file NAME to be the same as each .jpg file it is importing for each data set. For example: My variable to import the photos is the variable name of "photo" and so is the photoshop layer. Can I use that variable name to auto name the exporting .PSD files? Hope that makes sense. I'm new to data sets.

My variables include: description, serial number, year, location, photo, etc.

"photo" is the one that imports each photo image from my Data Merge .txt list.

For example, my photo file names are like such:

11111-image-01.jpg

11111-image-02.jpg

55555-image-01.jpg

55555-image-02.jpg.

I want the exported .PSD files to be named: 

11111-image-01.psd

11111-image-02.psd

55555-image-01.psd

55555-image-02.psd

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

I found a way to do it. Had to create a new Variable with the file names without the .jpg as teh first colomn and when I imported it, clicked the box where the first column would be used as the Data Set name. I added it on a layer at the botom of the PSD below the image and also made it 0% just to make sure the file name text could not be seen. Not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it works. If there is a better way that I don't have to create a new layer and data variable, please let me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a way to do it. Had to create a new Variable with the file names without the .jpg as teh first colomn and when I imported it, clicked the box where the first column would be used as the Data Set name. I added it on a layer at the botom of the PSD below the image and also made it 0% just to make sure the file name text could not be seen. Not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it works. If there is a better way that I don't have to create a new layer and data variable, please let me know for future jobs. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines