• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop deleted my custom shapes

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working last month on creating a huge collection of custom shapes... today, I've open Photoshop (last version) and a big part of my custom shapes have disappeared >_<

I've follow the steps to recover "legacy custom shapes" but there are nothing about the custom shapes that I created last month... only appear default photoshop custom shapes... 

I dedicated many hours to create many custom shapes, If I can't recover it, It was a huge waste of time.

Any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

By "last" version as opposed to "latest" version, do you mean 20.0.8 and not 21.0.3? The steps have changed, and the numbers do help us to help you. On a Mac, go to PS > About. On Windows, it's Help > About.

Assuming "last" means 20.0.8, saving shapes was done in the options bar then. We can update this once we know your version.

15.png

Here is the location on the Mac. You can use the Load Shapes command to load your saved shapes back in. In the 2020 version, the PS folder will be PS 2020.

16.png

In PS 2020 (21.0.3), there is a new Shapes panel (Window menu) where you can create a new Shape Group for your shapes and Import the Shape groups you have saved, even if they were save in an older version.

17.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my version is 21.0.0.

I checked that folder and there is nothing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same issue. The shapes that disappeared were shapes I'd created using the "define custom shape" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, the shapes were in a shape group. Thankfully I had the vector shapes within a document and was able to re-add them to my custom shapes panel and recreated the group (screenshot attached).Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 3.43.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines