Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Deleting Desktop Files

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO GUYS

I am Currently facing an Issue that has ruined a lot of my work and has been remained unsolved since months. At the very first time when I faced this issue, I just completed a project which took several days to be done. I had many more JPEG, PNG, Mp4, Word, Text, RAR and ZIP files on my desktop; They were all part of a project I was working on. After Finishing up and saving evrything I closed all my programs (Chrome tabs, Photoshop, MS Word, Notepad) and was just about to shut down, when all of a sudden I was shocked and fumed to see a completely empty desktop screen with Only ONE damn remaining item THE BLOODY RECYCLE BIN. 

I thought it was due to the cause of some malware. I Bought the AVAST premium membership and felt secured that now my work is secured to it's maximum absolute (as it was the first time I was Using a paid AntiVirus).

I again worked a whole week on another project and experienced the exact same problem, the only difference was that this time I only Closed One Program Adobe Photoshop.

At that time I assumed that Photoshop might be the cause of this and so only to test I copied a few files on my desktop and opened up Photoshop and Closed it again, BINGO, my assumption was a fact now and so from that day on all what I do, I save it in My D Drive partition. Nothing Happens to the D drive but whatever I save on my LOCAL DISK (DESKTOP) gets deleted after closing photoshop.

There is no virus, No malware, Not Drive errors. The Most Absurd part is that the files are literally being wiped of from existence. There is no history, No RAW files, Nothing. I have checked multiple times with many various ways but I am unable to Solve This.

I am Using Latest Photoshop CC.

Kindly provide some guidance ANYONE ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For trouble-shooting purposes, can you check to see if Storage Sense is turned on? Also, how much free space do you have on your hard drive?

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/storage-at-microsoft/windows-10-and-storage-sense/ba-p/428270

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane, I have tried after Storage Sense is turned Off. I have 2 TB hard drive and around 1.5TB is available šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I face the exact same problem. 100% Same problem. please review the video if you experience the same... https://youtu.be/hcs9tqSvjzk

I have contacted microsoft...and redone the whole system.. installed fresh windows and wiped of everything on my drive.. Nothing has helped ... Installed multiple anti viruses nothing has worked...

Did you find any Solution _Rafay_? or did you find out why photoshop is deleting the files.? I will highly appreciate your help... As I have lost many files in the past few months and not only photoshop files but other documents and stuff as well.

Best Regards,

Usman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines