Exit

Photoshop Deleting the files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/hcs9tqSvjzk

Kindly provide some guidance ANYONE ???

I am Currently facing an Issue that has ruined a lot of my work and has been remained unsolved since months. At the very first time when I faced this issue, I just completed a project which took several days to be done. I had many more JPEG, PNG, Mp4, Word, Text, RAR and ZIP files on my desktop; They were all part of a project I was working on. After Finishing up and saving evrything I closed all my programs (Chrome tabs, Photoshop, MS Word, Notepad) and was just about to shut down, when all of a sudden I was shocked and fumed to see a completely empty desktop screen with Only ONE damn remaining item THE BLOODY RECYCLE BIN.

I thought it was due to the cause of some malware. I Bought the AVAST premium membership and felt secured that now my work is secured to it's maximum absolute (as it was the first time I was Using a paid AntiVirus).

I again worked a whole week on another project and experienced the exact same problem, the only difference was that this time I only Closed One Program Adobe Photoshop.

At that time I assumed that Photoshop might be the cause of this and so only to test I copied a few files on my desktop and opened up Photoshop and Closed it again, BINGO, my assumption was a fact now and so from that day on all what I do, I save it in My D Drive partition. Nothing Happens to the D drive but whatever I save on my LOCAL DISK (DESKTOP) gets deleted after closing photoshop.

There is no virus, No malware, Not Drive errors. The Most Absurd part is that the files are literally being wiped of from existence. There is no history, No RAW files, Nothing. I have checked multiple times with many various ways but I am unable to Solve This.

I am Using Latest Photoshop CC.

Kindly provide some guidance ANYONE ???

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The splash screen is different than in last Photoshop 2021 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Version 14.0 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version is 7 years old - us a new one...

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You stated that you are using the latest Photoshop release but your version 14.0 is the very first version of CC and is unsupported.

The latest release is Photoshop 2021 - version 22.x

Looking at your video - this has nothing to do with Photoshop. It would not affect all your shortcuts and links on your desktop. I've seen this behavior before and it was indicative of a failing hard drive.

The other thing to look into is if you have Administrator rights to the C drive. If you don't it will revert changes to the desktop when you refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines