• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop distorion of hard edges

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - anyone having trouble lately with hard edges distorting when manually resizing? Since the last couple of updates, I began to notice that anytime I manually resize an image or graphic, anything with a straight line or hard edges - becomes very distorted with a jagged line instead of smooth resize. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Look in Edit > Preferences > General, and see what the Image Interpolation is set to. If it's Nearest Neighbor, try setting it to one of the Bicubic ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

@Semaphoric-PLXibM has already given some great advice. Just expanding on that...

When you are using Free Transform on a layer, look out for this Interpolation menu in the panel running across the top of Photoshop.

capture-01.png

If you are using the Image Size option, you will also have access to this menu.

capture-02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Edit > Preferences > General, and see what the Image Interpolation is set to. If it's Nearest Neighbor, try setting it to one of the Bicubic ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Semaphoric-PLXibM has already given some great advice. Just expanding on that...

When you are using Free Transform on a layer, look out for this Interpolation menu in the panel running across the top of Photoshop.

capture-01.png

If you are using the Image Size option, you will also have access to this menu.

capture-02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both! This seems to be the answer I needed - much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I've had this issue for a few weeks now and it was driving me nuts! I changed this from “Nearest Neighbor” to “Bicubic automatic” and that fixed the issue. PS-Jagged-Edges.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines