• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop distorts every image randomly on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with a set of grouped images, but it just keeps distorting the images randomly. The attached image was pasted into the document, and worked fine at the time. Then next time I open it, or simply unhide the group it's distorted like this.

I'm on a Macbook M1, and currently Photoshop is simply just useless for me. Anyone got a solution to this?

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 22.21.20.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the images getting distorted. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with the macOS version you're using on the M1 Mac?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's the absolutely latest version you're running right now. I downloaded an earlier version to see if its fixed, but if not, I'll try the steps you indicated there again.

The preferences are as clean as they possibly can already though since it's a new computer and this is the first install. I've even not changed any preferences and just have had photoshop open av few times so far. I did try disabling the graphics processor, but that didn't have any effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting preferences isn't about your preferences. A lot more goes in the there and a corrupt preferences file can cause erratic and random behavior. This looks like a typical video driver issue - but resetting prefs can sometimes restore normal operation.

If that doesn't help - the latest Photoshop release, 22.3, has some GPU-related bugs, so I'd try to revert to 22.2 which by all reports works reliably. Uninstall 22.3, and when reinstalling from the CC app, click the three dots to get previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines