• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not open

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly can not open Photoshop. Reinstalled twice. Updated Big Sur. Restarted Mac 3 times, nothing. I am not a computer expert, what can i do? I just have my Adobe subscription 1 month? If this is it i will stick with ON1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your Photoshop auto update this week?

You can try rolling back to the previous build of PS and turn off your auto updates in your profile.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks, i have done so and went 2 versions back haha, to be sure. It seems tp be working now Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tanks. I deleted the newest version including all preferences i think. i un tocked the box to keep all preferences when installing another version. And i installed 2 versions older. Not sure what did the trick but it is back working. I will keep your advice at mind whenever  will update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is great news! Thanks for your update. Was it 2019 that opened or 2020? I am still waiting for tech support. I'll continue to update on this thread in case anyone else comes looking for answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I currently am waiting for a call back from a senior tech. I began having problems last Friday. On Monday I contacted Adobe. A service tech deleted all of my previous versions and then reinstalled and it still would not open. I am having the same exact issue as you. Apparently it all began last Friday with the latest update. My advice for you is to call tech support. Explain that you understand that this is update issue and would prefer to speak with a senior tech. I will update here if I get my issue resolved, but brace yourself, I have been waiting since 8pm Monday and you will have to have access to your computer when they call. I limited my availability from 12pm to 9pm. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, see my replies above. It seems to be working again. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines