• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not refresh while using sidecar. Help please!

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using sidecar on my ipad pro in order to draw directly into photoshop with my apple pencil. The problem is that any changes I make do not register on photoshop unless I change the size of the display window or click on a separate tab. Essentially I keep having to force refresh it in order to see any of the lines I am trying to draw or effects I attempt to apply to my artboard. This happens both while using ipad as separate screen as well as when it mirrors my macbook pro screen. I also want to add that the problem persists when using my trackpad to draw or make any changes. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it? I will add a screen recording for reference. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

So I found solution. Turn off photoshop > disconnect sidecar > connect sidecar again > turn on photoshop. I guess photoshop has to know since beginning that there is additional touch screen enabled and set up workspace for that. I hope it's gonna work next time also 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using this forum Photoshop for Mobile  for iPad IOS Photoshop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fixes as yet. I don't know about you, but for me mobile is far from anywhere close to being a useful tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this with the pencil, but I was using Sidecar to watch a tutorial and had the sam problem even with Photoshop on my Macbook-screen. In Preferences -> Performance -> Advanced Settings there is an option to set the Drawing Mode for the Graphics Processor Settings. If I change that to normal it works for me. Maybe this will help with using Photoshop with the pencil on the Ipad as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try this out asap. Hopefully, it fixes the issue with the apple pencil as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confim THIS WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In conjustion with @banasz suggestion I hasten to add!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. How is it that nobody is adressing this issue? It makes sidecar completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found solution. Turn off photoshop > disconnect sidecar > connect sidecar again > turn on photoshop. I guess photoshop has to know since beginning that there is additional touch screen enabled and set up workspace for that. I hope it's gonna work next time also 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines