• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not work

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent in two log files and have deleted and reinstalled Photoshop 2021 and it refuses to do anything - cannot open photos to do any work! Please help!

thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David.

Does Photoshop open but just give an error when trying to open an image or does Photoshop just not start? Give more details to what happens and any error messages that appear. This will help in providing possible solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have now been told that my graphics card is not compatible with the updated 2021 version of Photoshop, so I have to delete it and there is a 2020 version to go back to.
What a shame.

cheers
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of OS?

Is there an error message when you try an action?

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences, which can be found under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

If that doesn't work, uninstall Photoshop again, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks but the chat line official told me that my graphics card is not usable with the 2021 version so I have had to dump it and go back to 2020.
I have sent in two reports and reloaded it again twice but it just freezes ,so until I can get another graphics card I'll have to go back t othe old version.

thanks
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are new system requirements for Photoshop 22 are you aware of that? Read more https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am now aware thanks - but it would have helped if they'd told us by email that they were going to require higher spec hardware instead of uploading it before the PC owner had a chance to buy a new graphic card. Also the Adobe Bridge upgrade struggles to stay on screen with 2020 Photoshop. It even drops out and reverts back to email screen from time to time.  So higher specs means buying more memory as well as a new card - a very expensive upgrade indeed.

cheers

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines