• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't want to open!

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to work on a drawing all morning and photoshop continues to not respond. I attached a video for a more thorough explanation. I already restarted my iMac 3x and even uninstalled the application and nothing. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Mac Specs and what version of Photoshop are you on?

Did you give Photoshop full disk access in Mac OS System Prefs/Security?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Macbook pro 2018, OS 11.3.1 Big Sur, PS 2021. upon launch of PS 2021 I get the spinning wheel. I do a force quit and get a very brief flash of the PS welcome screen and then it goes to the force quit window.

I have uninstalled PS 2021, re installed and it does the same thing. LR works fine. Any ideas????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop - an update was released this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.4 - I just updated it yesterday and this issue followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Hold Shift+Ctrl+Opt+Cmd before the splash screen appears.

It will ask if you want to reset your prefs. Say yes.

If you do get PS open - go to preferences/performance. Is your graphics card being detected (upper right corner)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my prefs and PS will not open - spinning wheel. 

I created another admin account, installed PS 22.4, and it works fine. I have all my work on the old admin account so this is just a temporary solution to get work done. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my message was to long to post so here's a screenshot of my FULL reply since it kept telling me there was an eorror. This photo is missing my final note; Adobe Care told me to use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool  (which is the step I am currently on).Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.13.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Photoshop start up OK without the Wacom Cintiq(?) attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not open with my Cintiq unattached. Now the homepage is giving me this, but nothing loads still. Also I have a spinning wheel whenever I drag my mouse around the window. Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 3.07.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another note: I just tried opening other Adobe apps I have and they do not want to open either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Creative Cloud desktop app - is it asking for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I downgraded to the previous version of Photoshop and that seems to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what about your other apps? Do they still not open either? What did the CC desktop app show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be honest, I only downloaded other programs to test if they didn't work too - Photoshop is my one and only daily driver. They did work. I have Premier, Media Encoder, InDesign, Lightroom, and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines