• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't work, cannot save files, customer support blames Nvidia's latest drivers & won't..

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... do anything constructive to help me.

Just got off the phone with Adobe Customer Support.  The latest version of photoshop 22.1.0 (as of writing this) will not allow me to save my psd file.  I get a pop up that says 'Couldn't save because of a program error'. 

ACS tells me this is because I have the graphics processor turned on in my preferences. We tested the issue by turning it off and my psd saves fine.  So ACS tells me it's my graphics card driver! Which is totally up to date. I'm running a win10 RTX3090 with the studio driver.  

I'm calling BS on Adobe saying this is Nvida's fault as the graphics processor (toggled on) runs fine and my psd file is totally usable inside photoshop, but when going to save, it won't save.  Photoshop won't save!  This is a big deal folks. Basically if you build a new computer with the latest hardware and try to use Photoshop it won't work and rather then escalating the issue they're just passing the buck.  

I tried running PS without using the graphics processor and the app runs like garbage, no scubby zoom, no functioning zoom, garbage.  Why is it so hard for Adobe to make zoom work reliably in PS? Can't Adobe developers download and run the latest graphics card drivers on all platforms before pumping out a PS release? You'd think a company worth 20bill could afford a decent QA department?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reverted to PS 21.2.4 and you know what, files open and save just fine with the graphics driver turned on. WOOHOO. Clear proof that this is Adobe's fault!  They pumped out an untested release!  Fire your QA and send 22.1.0 back to beta folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines