Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop dropshadow doesn't work

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have added dropshadows to images before and had a similar issue I overcome somehow, but cannot think for the life of me how 😅 I have my image open, add canvas size round the edge of a white border, I have tried creating a new layer and doing it this way adding the dropshadow and also working on the original image, just one layer and both ways do not work. I use black as the colour of dropshadow on a white background, tried screen and multiply but no nothing works. The stroke works OK but cannot get the dropshadow to display. Is anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The drop shadow in PS is a Layer Style, and it will put the drop shadow on the non-transparent pixels of the layer. Any chance your drop shadow is outside of the canvas and therefore can't be seen?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-effects-styles.html

We may need a screen shot, including the Layers panel. Use the Insert Image button in the Reply window.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines