• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop edits not saving to Lightroom when using layers

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently upgraded from a 2016 Macbook Air to a Macbook Pro and now have trouble with Lightroom displaying the edits made on Photoshop - specifically when I use the adjustment layers in PS. If I am just removing blemishes with the healing tool, it does transfer/sync to LR when I close photo and select the Save option. However, if I do layers to mask and adjust the photo edits are not reflected much less even show as a new image/photo on LR. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please note I am not using Lightroom Classic, but Lightroom CC. And I never had this issue on my Macbook Air. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom (either version) doesn't support layers of any kind.

You need to turn on "maximize compatibility" in Photoshop preferences. This inserts a flattened composite in the file, and this is what Lightroom works with. It doesn't touch the layers.

Generally, round-tripping between Photoshop and Lightroom is not recommended, because they natively work from different paradigms and often at cross-purposes. It can easily be a self-defeating process. Proceed with caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines