Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop error opening file - unsupported color space

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my PSD files has this problem: 

"Could not complete your request because a color was specified using an unsupported color space."

What does it mean? How can I solve this?

I can't open the file and modify it.

Thank you

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you view the file in Bridge, and does it report an embedded profile? Which one?

As an emergency solution, assuming the embedded profile is the problem, it might work to temporarily turn off color management in Color Settings. That should discard any embedded profile when opening. You need to assign one when the file is open (and remember to return color management to "preserve embedded afterwards!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you D Fosse for your reply!
Unfortunately, the embedded profile is missing. I remember I moved the file from its original folder and I saved it in my cloud. Also, the last time I worked on this file, I added external images, and probably one of these images is corrupted. I can't go back with the time machine, because the cloud and the original folder aren't included.
Also, I wasn't using Bridge previously.
I tried to follow your instructions with the color settings on Photoshop, I turned off the color management but the file doesn't open anyway.

Do you think there is another solution or the file is lost?

Thank you for your help,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines